EB 48: Where She Gets Closure

Endless Bonds Copyright © 2020 xXMopelXx All Rights Reserved.

Chapter Posted - July 10, 2020

Hi, loves. Those of you who follow me know that I wasn't uploading because my stories have been stolen/plagiarized :))) The issue wasn't fixed but whatever at this point. I want to finish this story for y'all regardless. Hope you enjoy this chapter and leave me a VOTE and Comment - I love hearing y'all thoughts <3 

PS: Oliver and Teagan's story is up on my profile - Ceaseless Chains! Give it a read and add to your libraries. There's 3 chapters rn and weekly updates. It has a more mature, darker and mysterious feel. They've easily turned into my favorite couple to write with enough sexual tension to burrrrnnn the sheets. 

Happy Reading, Bees!

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

C H E R 

:: Chapter (48) :: Where she gets closure

Paris

My mom inhales a sharp breath, eyes closed, soaking in the rays of the blaring afternoon sun. "There's nothing like being in Paris, Jacqueline."

My aunt laughs throatily, shoving a forkful of watermelons in her mouth. "Alors, reviens à France."

Come back to France. Come back home, she says. We're sitting in her balcony, sipping sangrias, and eating healthy salads.

"I wish. But our life is there, Jacq."

"C'est la vie," I respond with a smile.

My aunt grins and congratulates me on improving my French, as well as my accent. She's glad I never forgot where I come from, even though we live elsewhere. Our roots, she uttered before, are extremely important. They keeps us grounded when we forget where we belong. Don't forget where you belong, she'd said to me. Where your roots are.

She's not blind. She's seen, over the last five days, my phone lightning up with a flurry of text messages from Trent. She doesn't say much, except for raising a casual eyebrow and telling me to stop running away from my problems.

You're too much like your maman, you know? She always ran away from her problems, especially regarding your papa, until it got too late. That Demetrius Anderson was trouble. But your stepfather was a vicious animal. She made the wrong choice, running from her problems with your papa. He could have made her happy, despite his many faults, if she'd chosen to stop being stubborn. What will you choose?