Chapter 6 - Pick Up Lines

Ivy bursts into the bathroom her hands full of clothes, her eyes widen at the state the bathroom is in. "What the hell happened?" She asks, her dark moss eyes scanning over the glistening pieces of shattered glass on the floor.

"I-I don't know," I have to keep Alec's secret or he might expose me. "I went into a stall, heard something happening and when I walked out it was like this." I explain, feeling guilty for lying to my best friend.

"Did you hear any voices? Anything?" She questions, still not fully convinced. "It sounded like a fight, but I couldn't identify the voices." My eyes dart around the room trying to avoid Ivy's strong gaze.

"Okay, well all I have is a dress for you to wear. I'll get the janitor when your getting changed." She hands me a bright yellow wrap dress with a white cardigan.

"Ivy you know I hate dresses." I whine. "I don't care Willow you are not wearing your pj's all day, not on my watch." She leaves the bathroom after giving me a hard stare as if to say 'don't you dare even think of staying in those hideous clothes.' I sigh and change in one of the stalls, struggling with the little space I have.

Once I'm changed all I can think about is how much I hate wearing a dress, I feel exposed even though most of my outfit is covered by an oversized cardigan. I tighten my ponytail and wait for Ivy to come back, I still need to tell her the truth about my dad.

She finally returns after a long time, the janitor trailing behind her with his mop and cleaning equipment. His eyes widen at the mess and I hear him cursing under his breath, thinking we can't hear him. We give him small smiles as we leave him to do his work. "Are you going to tell me why we missed our first class because you came to school looking like the walking dead?" Ivy asks, her eyes burning through the side of my head.

"I need to tell you something...but not here." I grab her hand and drag her to the sports field, under the bleachers. The sun is low in the sky and an orange light shines through the gaps in the seats above us. Her eyes stare at me in utter confusion. "What is so important that we have to talk about it here?"

I suck in a mouthful of air, Ivy's expression turns serious as she listens for what I have to say. I tell her everything, from my father being alive to his gang in New York City. When I finish she looks at me in complete and utter shock. "H-h-He's alive?" She whispers, I nod my head.

"I came to school looking horrible because I had a nightmare about him last night and didn't get a wink of sleep." I explain.

"Willow, I don't know what to say."

"You have to keep this a secret Ivy, if you tell anyone my life and my mother's will be in danger."

"You're secret is safe with me...always." She smiles pulling me into a bone crushing hug. I feel a warm feeling inside me, knowing that someone else knows and that she'll always be there for me, she'll always have my back.

We walk back to the school building after we hear the lunch bell, as we walk to our lockers Noah and Issac approach us. "Willow I missed you in science," Noah says frowning. " I had to work with some girl who was drooling over me, literally drooling." He complains leaning against the lockers as I open mine. "I'm sorry Noah, I had stuff to deal with."

"Just don't do it again, or I will chop your head off. I much prefer laughing with you than being with some girl who is the definition of desperate."

"I won't do it again I promise." I say hand on my heart. "Pinky swear?" Noah asks battering his eyelashes and holding out his pinky. I wrap mine around his and shake. He gives me a charming smile that I return.

"Issac is so into Ivy, it's actually embarrassing." Noah says rolling his eyes, after a few moments of silence. I turn my head and see Issac chatting up Ivy, she's giggling like an excited school girl and he's smirking at her blush.

"I think it's cute." I admit shutting my locker and watching them. "You wouldn't think it was cute if you had to sit for two hours listening to Issac rehearsing pick up lines." Noah grumbles.

I laugh at the image I have in my head. "Do you remember any?" I ask with a bright smile. "How could I forget?" He moans, sliding down the lockers and sitting on the floor, he watches the couple with a scowl. I join him on the floor as I cross my legs. "Can you tell me one?"

"I don't think you want to hear one Willow." Noah says. "Oh come on, I'm curious." I beg.

"Fine." He gives in, he straightens his back and clears his throat, I wait expectantly. "Do you have a band-aid? Because I just cut my knee falling for you." I burst out laughing and he joins me. "That is next level cheesy." I wheeze.

"I-I've got a-another," Noah wheezes. "Brace yourself...Did you grow up on a chicken farm? Because you sure know how to raise a cock." That one sends me over the edge, I burst out laughing again and Noah falls against me wheezing. "Noah... I can't breathe!" I exclaim holding my stomach.

After five minutes of intense laughter, Noah's face is bright red and I'm still gasping for air. Issac and Ivy come strolling over wearing bright smiles. "Guess who has a date tonight." Issac gloats, sending a cheeky wink at Ivy.

"I guess it worked." Noah whispers in my ear, which sends us off laughing again. Ivy and Issac stare at us like we're mad. I can imagine we look ridiculous right now, a scary guy in a leather jacket is sitting on the floor with a girl, leaning against each other pissing themselves laughing.

"Are you guys okay?" Ivy asks looking worried. "Yeah...yeah I'm fine." I breath getting up from the floor and dragging Noah up with me by the hand.

"You guys are fucking weird." Issac mumbles under his breath.

"Hey!" Noah and I exclaim at the same time, all we get is an eye roll in response. Issac and Ivy chat as we all make our way to the cafeteria. As for Noah and I we start to push and shove each other, sending the other stumbling into other students.

Noah pushes me hard and I stumble, feeling myself falling towards the ground, I brace myself for the hard landing but, it never comes. I open my eyes and realise I'm in someone's arms, I stare up and my eyes are met by oceans.

                   🔆🔆🔆🔆🔆🔆

A/N: thanks for reading this chapter. I hope you enjoyed it! I would say 'I wonder who Willow fell into?' But I think we all know who it is, to know for sure you'll  have to stay tuned...

Sarah xx

Song recommendation:
Death Valley - Fall Out Boy