Chapter 29 - The Masquerade Ball Part 2

I walk out into the glowing ballroom again and fill a plate with food. I walk to the edge of the room and lean against the wall lazily, filling my mouth with heavenly food. The girl I was before coming here would love the ball and fancy food but, right now all I want to do is spar with Zack in the gym. I sigh and pop another small pastry into my mouth.

I just have to wait a few more hours before everyone leaves, I tell myself watching everyone on the dance floor. I see Erika dancing with a really good looking guy in a dark blue suit, his hair is blonde and gelled backwards as he smiles broadly. Her eyes sparkle as he leads her in a dance and my heart swells.

"Princess." Dad grins, snapping my gaze to his. "Hey dad." I smile back, placing my plate on a nearby table. "I'm about to have the meeting, I'll see you afterwards." I nod, "stay safe." He says quickly, pecking me on the cheek. He climbs the grand marble staircase to announce the meeting.

He grabs the attention of the guests and as he opens his mouth to speak he's interrupted. "Well Harry, I'm disappointed I wasn't invited." A dangerous voice calls from the entrance and my eyes grow wide when I see Travis, Erika's ex boyfriend and the guy I punched at the mall, standing in the open door way, a large gun in his arms.

"Travis," My Dad calls back knowingly. "And what do I owe this pleasure?" He asks casually as everyone in the room is tensed. My eyes never leave his toned tall body and the dark gun in his arms.

"It's been long enough Harry, you knew I'd come one day and today is that day." Travis spits back his poisonous green eyes shining with revenge.

I notice out of the corner of my eye Zack pushing Erika out of the room and into the bathroom I was just in. She wears a worried expression as Zack closes over the door and places a tall plant in front of it, completely disguising the shape of the door. He turns back around and gives me a small nod before tuning back to their conversation.

It's obvious what he was doing, Travis is Erika's angry ex and she is most at risk at getting hurt. Hiding her away was the right thing to do.

"Travis, this is your last warning leave!" My father yells over to him, dangerous anger in his voice.

"I've met your daughter." Travis suddenly says his bright green eyes meeting my wide ones. "I'm guessing she didn't tell you." Travis chuckles darkly, inspecting the barrel of his gun casually.

"She wasn't very kind to me." He adds with a smirk. "What has that got to do with anything?" My dad's voice booms across the room.

"I have a proposal...you give her to me and you avoid the blood shed that is to come or don't and watch what happens." Travis says staring at me instead of my Dad.

I don't show him my fear as I stare up at dad who stares back at me, having an inner battle with himself. I hide my shaking hands behind my back as I stop myself from imagining what Travis would do if he had me. "I'm not stupid Travis," he finally replies. "You take her, kill her and me and you're left with New York in your hands. I know that's always been your plan, to steal New York from my finger tips."

Travis laughs. "It's smart I'll give you that Harry, but that is not my plan."

"Well it's not gonna happen Travis, now leave."

"If that's your choice." Travis shrugs. "Bring them in." He shouts and around 50 men walk into the ballroom holding guns and pointing them at the guests.

"Sorry Harry." Travis grins and lifts his gun shooting my dad in the stomach. Everyone freezes as we watch his lifeless body fall backwards, out of sight. I glance at Zack with tears filling my eyes, he looks back at me, hiding all his emotions. "Strong." He mouths.