Chapter 26 - Falling apart

—————————————————————
ALEC'S POV
————————————————————

"Alec get your ass down here!" Liam yells from downstairs. I sigh and roll my eyes, wiping some stray tears from the night. I pull on a large hoodie and drag my feet behind me as I walk downstairs.

"There you are! It's two in the afternoon Alec!" Liam complains, sorting through some mail on the table.

"I don't care." I grumble, sitting next to him and running my hand through my messy hair.

"Jesus Alec, it's been three weeks. You have to get over her." Liam rolls his eyes. It's easy for him to say that! He didn't have to give up the love of his life.

"Don't Liam." I warn, in a dangerously low voice.

"I'm your leader little bro, don't talk to me like that," he growls. "You gotta get over her, fuck some bimbo if it helps." He shrugs like we were discussing the weather.

"Fuck you." I spit, anger pulsing through my veins. It's his fault Willow isn't wrapped in my arms right now, his fault she hates me and thinks I'm a horrible person.

"Don't talk to me like that Alec!" Liam roars, standing up from his chair, his stormy grey eyes raging with fury.

"I'll talk to you how I want." I reply standing and squaring up with him. "Don't start a fight you'll lose Liam." I chuckle darkly as he clenches his fists. I'm the fighter of our gang, I fight every night sending people to hospital. My brother doesn't stand a chance.

Liam swings a sloppy punch towards my face, I catch his fist and punch him square in the jaw. He yells and pulls out a gun, "You fucking dick!" He spits, pointing his gun towards me.

"Woah guys back off!" Issac shouts running in with Noah on his trail. He gets between us and pushes me back a few steps. My face is burning with anger and my whole body is tense with clenched fists. Liam stares at me with a bruised jaw and his shaking hand still pointing the gun at my head.

Noah stands in his way and pulls the gun away from him. He pulls Liam into a hug and takes him away from me to cool down. "Let's have a talk." Issac says calmly bringing me over to the couch and sitting down.

I sit next to him and rub my rough face, I haven't shaved in three weeks and dark bags hang under my eyes from lack of sleep. "Are you okay Alec?" Issac asks, his dark eyes scanning my face.

I shake my head and hold back tears, I can't fucking cry in front of him I'll look too weak. I straighten out my face and take a deep breath. "It's been hard." I whisper.

Issac waits for me to expand on my statement and sits back into the comfortable couch. "You all have the loves of your life with you by your side all the time, so it's easy for you all to tell me to betray mine and let her go. Ever since I did that horrible thing to Willow, I haven't been the same."

"I've been an angry ball of fire and fury ever since she left and after a day of getting annoyed at everyone, I cry myself to sleep," I admit, shoving my shaking hands under my legs. "And there's no way she'll ever forgive me because what I did was inexcusable, and I don't think I can live with that."

I meet Issac's eyes with my own glassy ones and he stares at me with sadness. "Alec I had no idea you were suffering so much." He breathes.

"Ivy has been the same, I have to force her to eat at least once a day and she just cries and sleeps for the rest of the day. Willow was a big part of your life and I understand how you feel. It wasn't right what we all made you do and from the bottom of my heart I'm sorry." Issac says his dark eyes glistening with tears.

What we did to willow had caused many arguments and fights to occur between everyone she left behind. We don't know if she's being starved in a basement or riding around in expensive cars and flying in private jets. The thought of her being in pain kills me and it's seems like it's effecting everyone except Liam. He's too busy admiring the money we got for her and planning what we're going to do with it.

Everyone else is a wreck now that I think about it. I've been so caught up in my own emotions that I hadn't realised it's taken a toll on everyone. Issac has been taking care of a devastated Ivy while guilt slowly eats him alive, Noah's been absent a lot and disappearing off to secret locations and I'm just broken. Nightmares of her in chains and pain filling my dreams and tears falling from my eyes whenever I think of her.

"I'm the one who told Liam who she was and the guilt has been too much," Issac says, bringing me back to the present. "I've apologised to Ivy and she's accepted it but really the person I should apologise to is you."

"Issac you're like a brother to me, I'll always forgive you." After those words leave my mouth we pull each other into a hug. These past few weeks have been unbelievably hard and knowing that someone understands what I'm going through takes the weight away.

We walk back into the kitchen and see Noah rubbing Liam's back soothingly. "Hey." I mumble. They look up and Noah gives me a small smile.

"Sorry Alec." Liam suddenly says and I nod. I don't want to say I forgive him because I truly don't and I don't know if I ever can. I'll be civil with him but that deep bond we had when we were younger is gone. He is no longer a family relative or my older brother, he's my leader.

"We have news." Noah says softly.

"The invitation for the masquerade ball has arrived, it's taking place in a weeks time." He says and a pang of guilt and worry shoot through my heart.

I'm going to see her.

                        🔆🔆🔆🔆🔆🔆
A/N: thanks so much for reading this one. I always wanted to do a little update on how Alec was getting on through his POV and this is it. It seems like Willow was the glue that held them together and now they're falling apart. Make sure to comment and vote, love you all!

Sarah xx

Song recommendation:
Apocalypse - Cigarettes after sex