Chapter 11 - Trust

My eyes zone in on the gun's barrel, I start to shake as he takes slow steps towards me. "Liam, put the gun down." Noah pleads his voice wavering. His haunting blue eyes never leave mine and my heart stops. "What did I tell you about talking back to me?" He asks ignoring Noah, his gun now inches from my head.

"Liam this is getting out of hand." Issac says calmly while holding a shaking Ivy. "WHAT DID I TELL YOU?!" He roars in my face as I flinch. "T-that I'd be d-dead." I whimper, my hands shaking vigorously. "And you talked back to me didn't you?" He asks pushing me slowly against the wall. My back slams against it and with his free hand he grips my face, forcing me to stare into his eyes.

I shake and feel tears falling from my eyes. "Liam..." Noah trails off watching from a distance. "DIDN'T YOU?!" He roars again. "Y-yes." I stutter, feeling my body go numb with fear. This might be the last breath I take, the last time I blink, the last time my heart beats. The last thing I will see is those chilling blue eyes.

He takes the safety latch off the gun and points it at my forehead. My hearts beats louder in my chest and I let out a whimper. "You pull that trigger and I'll kill you!" A loud voice booms from the other side of the room. Alec stands up from the couch slowly and wincing. "Alec, I'm a man of my word." Liam explains innocently as if he isn't holding a teenage girl at gunpoint.

"As am I." Alec growls back, pure rage burns in his perfect eyes and his face is stone cold, I have no idea how Liam is not shitting himself.

"How about a compromise...I shoot her in the leg." He clarifies holding his gun down.

"No way... who would fix the wound? It's not like we can take her to the hospital because they'll ask questions. She'll just bleed to death and you know it." He says walking over to us, gripping his bruised stomach.

"Alec my reputation will suffer if I allow her to speak to me like that with no consequences." Liam says in a low voice, thinking I can't hear.

"I don't give a shit! If you want me in your life then you won't lay a finger on her." Alec warns, his tone demanding and frightening. "And you'll be kicked out." Liam growls back, just as frighteningly. "Are you seriously going to leave your family for just some girl?"

Alec looks away, weighing up the options in his head. He can't let me die, I need to be here for my Mom when my dad tries to find us.

"Liam please..." Alec whispers his head down as he gives up on me. I feel tears fall down my face as all hope I had of living is gone.

"Liam...if you pull that trigger, you lose all of us." Noah finally says standing up from the sofa. Something unknown appears in Liam's eyes before he covers it up. "Oh for fuck sake, why do you all care about her so much?" He asks exasperated from all the objections.

"Because Liam...she's our friend." Noah replies with sad eyes and a small smile appears on my lips.

"What has happened to you all?! You're meant to be my gang, not a bunch of softies who care about some stupid girl's life." Liam rants staring at the three boys like he doesn't recognise them.

Ivy and I stare at each other because he just said 'gang'. Liam turns back to me and everyone in the room holds their breath. When he is inches away from pinning me to the wall again I crash my fist into the side of his face. He stumbles backwards surprised and I lunge for his gun when Alec grabs me and pulls me behind him as Noah grabs the gun that's now on the floor.

"You're gonna die pretty girl!" Liam seethes, stalking towards me as I hide further and further behind Alec. "Noah take him outside." Alec orders. Noah nods and brings Liam outside, surprisingly he doesn't object and follows closely behind Noah. Issac soothes Ivy as tears fall from her moss green eyes.

When Liam is out of sight, Alec turns around and stares at me with guilt. "Are you okay?" He asks softly wiping the tears from my cheeks as I lean into his touch. I nod and stare down at my feet trying to slow down my heart beat. He sends me a weak smile, guilt lighting up his eyes. "I'm sorry, my brother can be..." he trails off.

"He's your brother?" I ask baffled. Now that I look at it...they are similar. Alec's eyes are a bright blue when Liam's are a more chilling and unsettling blue. Their hair colours are the same except that Alec's is fluffy, soft and long on top as Liam's is cut short. They are both tanned and tall with huge muscles. "Yeah..." he looks down almost ashamed to admit it.

"Thanks for saving me tonight, I know it must've been hard to go against your own brother." I say meeting his eyes with shining hazel ones.

"I couldn't let him do that to you...after everything you've done for us." He explains.

I wrap my arms around him and give him a hug. "You saved my life." I whisper in his ear, so happy to still be breathing. He welcomes the hug and holds my waist. "Then the favour has been returned darling." He whispers back sending my heart soaring.

Liam and Noah come back into the room and Liam looks much more calm. "I'm sorry Willow, I overreacted." Liam looks down at the floor, looking as if the words are poison on his tongue.

I scoff. "Great apology." I say sarcastically. As Liam looks me dead in the eye, anger rising in him I feel fear shiver down my spine. "But, I'm willing to move on." I reluctantly say, nothing but my life on my mind.

The tension in the room vanishes. "Well done babe." Noah says giving Liam a kiss. My eyes widen when I see, Liam is the guy Noah loves more than life, the guy still coming to terms with being gay.

"Noah..." Liam says in a low voice very aware of Ivy and I's presence. "You guys are too cute!" Ivy coos, staring at them with a grin. "Liam your secret's safe with us don't worry." I say sitting on the sofa. I immediately see Liam relax as he holds Noah in his arms. Issac and Ivy take a seat and Alec plops down beside me sending me a wink.

Alec sends Liam a nod and he takes a deep breath as Noah pecks his cheek. "I suppose it would be dumb of me not to acknowledge that you both helped us a lot tonight," Liam begins looking at Ivy and I. "We owe you an explanation."

🔆🔆🔆🔆🔆🔆

A/N: Next chapter will be intense. It will be the whole truth...ugly and honest. Hope you're excited because I am. Make sure to comment and vote and stay tuned...

Sarah xx

Song recommendation:
Youngblood - 5 seconds of Summer

P.S - Can we just talk about how this book hit 5k reads! Like wtaf?! You guys are amazing and I appreciate all the support you have given me since I started. ❤️❤️