Chapter 12 - The Truth

Ivy and I share a look as we wait for Liam to explain everything to us. The reason I lied to the police, the reason he held me at gun point and the reason Alec is so injured. I take a deep breath and Alec sends me a reassuring smile.

"We are all gang members..." Liam starts. "Most cities in the country have a gang running them, and we are the San Francisco gang." I nod in understanding, since I guessed it was a gang that they were a part of.

"Every gang have four core members known as the core four or the core gang. There are also other members who are less important and only called in if they're needed. The core gang live together in the gang house." Liam explains, trying his best to put it as simply as possible.

"In the core gang everyone has a role. There's a leader, a driver, a dealer and a fighter. I'm the leader, so I make sure the boys are doing their jobs and I make sure we are respected by neighbouring gangs and the police force." I am shocked how even the police fear the gangs, just like everyone else. The police tonight must not have realised who they were actually dealing with.

"I'm the dealer." Issac suddenly says holding Ivy's hand. "That means I take care of our drug shipments and then sell them for a profit." Issac seems to be scared of the reaction Ivy will have, but she just nods and waits for the next to speak, which makes a small smile appear on his lips.

"I'm the driver." Noah says. "I take part in street races and I'm the get away driver if we ever need one. I take care of all the cars and motorcycles, making sure they're in perfect condition for when we need them. I guess you could say it's the least illegal role of all." He chuckles trying to lighten the mood.

"I'm the fighter." Alec finally whispers. He clears his throat and continues, "I dominate the underground fighting rings and take part in the tournaments. I also buy and sell guns making sure we're prepared if attacked."

"As you can see every gang role is very important. A lot of the time people in the city attempt to take over the gang by killing the core four. It's happened a few times in other cities and once to this gang, before we were a part of it." Liam tells us a sad look appearing in his chilling eyes.

He swallows the lump in his throat as Noah strokes his hand. "Is there anything else you want to know?" Liam finally asks.

"I have a question," Ivy announces. "Are you friendly with any other gangs?"

Liam smirks. "I guess you could say we're civil, there's an annual gathering of all the core gangs around the country. It happens in New York. You see, the leaders run their cities but there's one man who runs the leaders and he's the New York gang leader. His name is Harry Gale." Ivy's eyes widen and my breathing hitches. This can't be, my dad runs all the gangs in the country?!

"Hey, are you okay?" Alec asks resting a hand over mine, worry lighting up his features. "Yeah, it's just a lot to take in." I nod, my head spinning with questions.

"This event, what's it's like?" I ask curious.

"It's the largest event of the year, it's a masquerade ball that takes place in the New York gang house. The core four from every city go, it's a night where allies and enemies can put aside their differences and hide behind a mask to enjoy a night of dancing, food and drink. At midnight Harry makes a grand entrance and it's the only time in the whole year that we get to see him. He calls all the leaders to have a meeting in his study where we discuss issues and property." Liam explains.

"I think you know everything you need to," he finishes. "But if either of you repeat any of this I will be forced to do something. If anyone found out I shared this information with two high school girls I would be killed. It was my repayment to you for helping us."

"Thank you Liam, for telling us." He nods in response and stands up.

"Well, we should leave." He helps Noah to his feet and the others join, I can't help but notice Alec's obvious wince. "You can stay tonight." I suddenly say. Liam raises a brow and the others look confused. "I just mean that the police are still on the streets and Alec needs rest." I explain.

"Won't your parents mind?" Issac asks.

"My mom has a night shift and won't be back till morning and my dad...he's not around." I finally say, catching Noah's sympathetic look.

"I guess it wouldn't hurt." Noah shrugged. "Great," I exclaim. "So I have one guest bedroom for two, my bedroom could sleep two at a squeeze and then two people will have the couch, it's up to you guys." I tell them.

"Well I don't mind sharing with Ivy." Issac says as Ivy blushes. "And I can share with Noah." Liam mumbles as Noah winks at him.

"So that leaves me and Alec." I point out as he sends me a smirk. "So what rooms?" I ask the group.

"Liam and I can share your room since we're the only official couple and don't mind a squeeze." Noah says. We all nod in agreement. "Me and Issac can take the guest bedroom since all my stuff is in there." Ivy explains, a blush of red on her cheeks.

"And we'll take the couch." Alec sighs falling to the couch again. I rush off to find sheets and duvets for Alec and I as the rest of the group disappear into their agreed rooms. Before Ivy joins Issac, she runs towards me and wraps her arms around my neck. "I thought you were gonna die today." She whispers.

"So did I." I reply, holding her tight. We let go and she starts to climb the stairs. "Have fun with Issac." I call with a wink and she blushes red once more.

I pick up the duvets and make my way to the living room, ready for a sleepover with the bad boy.

                    🔆🔆🔆🔆🔆🔆
A/N: Hi! Hope you enjoyed this chapter, I know it had a lot of information to take in, but I hope it was understandable :) make sure to comment and vote! I wonder what will happen on the sleepover, you'll have to stay tuned...

Sarah xx

Song recommendation:
Tear Me to Pieces - Meg Myres