Chapter 38 - Being Civil

Disclaimer****
Willow is in San Francisco for a month (May) before graduating towards the end of the month. Sorry I messed that up in the last chapter.

                        🔆🔆🔆🔆🔆🔆

Ivy walks towards Alec and I, Issac by her side their hands intertwined. My heart thumps in my chest as everything I've been avoiding for three months comes towards me. As they get closer Ivy bites down on her lip her eyes cast downwards, scared to meet mine.

"Hey Willow, Alec." Issac greets casually with a nod trying desperately to clear the awkwardness. "Hey." Alec replies politely.
Alec's hand in mine is the only thing keeping me calm.

"Can we have a chat?" Ivy speaks up getting right to the point, her broken eyes meeting mine for the first time in months. Her usual perfect appearance has gone downhill. Her summer dresses and well put together outfits have changed to jeans and a tank top. Her hair is pulled back revealing the bags under her eyes and frown on her lips. She fidgets never meeting my gaze for longer than a few seconds.

I think about the conversation to come. Sooner or later we're going to have to speak to each other. Our boyfriends are best friends and we once were too. "Are you ok with this?" Alec asks me quietly lowering his voice. "I'll whisk you away from here, just say the words." I smile and kiss his cheek. "I have to." With that I rise to my feet.

"Sure." I answer Ivy's question. Alec stands too tightening his grip on my hand. "I'll see you after school." I say to Alec knowing I have to do this on my own without an audience or help.

Ivy hugs Issac as Alec and him make their way inside. I glance at phone and see we only have ten minutes left of lunch. "We're gonna have to make this quick." I say after putting my phone away.

Ivy nods and takes a deep breath, "Willow I don't know where to begin," she quietly says. "I've been eating myself up inside over what I did to you and I can't even put into words how sorry I am and how much I've missed you as a friend. My life just hasn't been the same without you in it. I know you want nothing to do with me but I thought I'd just try because you mean too much to me."

"Ivy I don't know what to say. I mean of course I've missed you and you were a huge part of my life but I don't know how I can ever trust you again after what you've done." I reply honestly.

"I understand Willow but, I don't want there to be any tension between us. I need you to know that I'm deeply sorry for my mistake and if you never want to speak to me again I completely understand." She sadly says tears brimming her eyes.

A sad smile appears on my lips. The only reason I've taken so long to forgive Ivy is because of the friendship we had, I could trust her with the biggest secret I've ever had and she threw it back in my face. She was like a sister to me and it broke my heart. Alec also broke my heart and my soul because I loved him and he used that to his advantage, well Liam's advantage. I realise now that he was forced to do it and he has proven his trust and love for me by rescuing me from Travis and the ruin he would lead my life to. I now know that it takes more energy to hold onto hate than to let it go.

"I'm going to be honest." I say "I don't think we will ever be as close as we were but, I can forgive you and hopefully we can move on from this and be civil." I reply a small smile playing on my lips. She wears a smile of her own, "I couldn't ask for any more." She says.

We grab our bags and make our way towards the school before the bell rings. As we near our science class Ivy pulls me back by the arm. I turn to meet her gaze.

"I know I can't buy back our friendship," she starts rubbing the back of her neck. "but, I thought I'd get you something." She reaches in her bag and pulls out a small teal box tied with a white ribbon. I pull off the ribbon and lid and feel a grin make its way to my face. Inside is the necklace Ivy and I always wanted from her parents jewellery shop. It had a silver chain and diamond pendent, her mom would make all the jewellery herself.

"Thank you so much Ivy." I smile pulling her in for a hug, feeling happy to be talking to her again, like a weight had been lifted.

We walk into the lab and make it to our seats with a few moments to spare. I grin as I see Noah sitting at our table. I remember the first time I met him was in this class, that feels like forever ago.

He returns my grin and stands to engulf me in a hug. "I didn't know we'd see you so soon. How long are you here?" He smiles as we both take our seats. "I'm here for a month." I grin.

"That's amazing." He grins back his eyes lighting up. I can't help but feel the stares of my fellow classmates. "Why is everyone staring?" I question shifting uncomfortably in my chair.

"Everyone's talking about you and Alec," Noah explains. "It's nothing to worry about, I'm sure they'll find some other stupid drama to talk about tomorrow." He says giving me a weak smile.

We then fall into an easy conversation it getting cut short by the teacher arriving to class.

The rest of my first day back passes by swiftly. I ignore the attention from everyone and focus on getting to my locker. As I shove the last few books I need into my bag I feel a familiar presence behind me.

"Hey." I grin up at Alec as he looks down at me.

"We're all heading to the diner, apparently Noah and Liam have something important to tell everyone, wanna come?" He asks as we walk towards the exit of the school.

"Of course."

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

We all squish into a booth in the downtown diner. Alec, Noah, Liam, Issac, Ivy and I. The red lights and black and white tiles reminding me of Issac and Ivy's first date where Noah and I sat together getting to know each other better.

We all order some food and wait patiently for Liam and Noah to reveal the reason they asked everyone here.

Noah clears his throat and silence falls over the table. "As you all know graduation is in a few weeks and we've all been thinking about our futures." He starts everyone curious as to what he's about to say. "Liam and I have decided to move away together, out of town and away from the gang and our pasts."

To say everyone was shocked would be an understatement, all our jaws practically hit the floor. The gang was their life, their job and income. What would they do without that?

Liam takes over as Noah stares at his hands in his lap silently. "Which means that Alec will become the new leader of the gang."

🔆🔆🔆🔆🔆🔆

A/N: thanks so much for reading this chapter and being patient with my updates. I know I suck at updating frequently. I've just struggled a lot with this chapter.

Also I want to say a MASSIVE thank you for over 50K!!! WHAT THE HELL OMG!! That is actually insane to me and I can't believe it actually happened. It means so much to me you have no idea ❤️❤️❤️❤️

Sarah xoxo

Song recommendation:
Sun - Two Door Cinema Club