Chapter 44 - Consequences

The house in front of us is packed with people. The music is causing the floor to shake and we can hear the voices and music from where we're standing. "I don't know about this." Ivy says shyly looking at the unfamiliar faces of the party goers.

"We'll be fine, come on I need a drink." Zack waves it off and leads us into the house. I unconsciously grab Alec's hand feeling uneasy like Ivy just was. "Don't worry I'm right beside you." He whispers in my ear making me visibly relax.

The house is stuffy and filled with smoke from a machine. Colourful lights flash from the ceiling and music blares from speakers.

"You came!" Scott exclaims. He was the one who invited us when we met him at the race. His auburn hair is messy and there's a strong smell of alcohol off him.
"We sure did." Alec smiles back giving him a friendly hug.

I look around and notice that the rest of our friends have disappeared, probably gone to the dance floor or the kitchen for a drink.

"Can I get you guys a drink?" He asks swaying on the spot slightly.

"It's ok man, I think we're gonna hit the dance floor. Thanks though." Alec answers.

"Sure thing, I'll see you around."

Alec leads me to the dance floor where we jump and sway to the music playing. I can't help the strong feeling in the pit of my stomach that something is off about this party.

"Hey I'm gonna grab us a drink." Alec shouts over the music after about 30 minutes of dancing. "I'll be right back." I simply nod and watch as he makes his way out of the crowd and out of my sight.

I start to feel uncomfortable on my own so I make my way to the stairs and lean against the wall, watching the party from afar. Couples are grinding on each other as friends laugh and grin enjoying themselves.

"Party's not your thing?" A familiar voice asks right beside me. I turn and see Scott standing next to me, he seems more sober than before but still a bit tipsy.

"I'm just waiting on Alec for a drink." I reply staring out at the party, not making eye contact.

"Scotty baby, do you wanna dance." A familiar high pitched voice asks. I feel like covering my ears at how awful their voice sounds. When my eyes lock on its owner I freeze.

"What the fuck are you doing with this bitch?" She asks Scott her eyes glued to mine burning with rage. It's Lexi, the girl who asked me if I had payed Alec to sleep with him, the girl who's nose I broke with a single punch.

"I met her at the race, she and I were just talking." He replies innocently.

Lexi goes to our school yet she's dating a guy who lives at least an hour away? They must really like each other.

"She's the bitch that broke my nose and you're talking to her like you're friends!" Lexi is furious her bland blue eyes blazing.

Scott straightens up with realisation and turns to me. "You're the whore who broke her nose?" His dark eyes set on me. I catch a glance at Lexi's smug face and hold back an eye roll.

"Look I'm.." I'm cut off by Scott grabbing my arm and dragging me up the stairs.
I don't move my legs and try to struggle out of his hold.

"Walk or you won't like the consequences." He threatens making my skin crawl.

I walk hesitantly with him not knowing where he's leading us. In a blink of an eye he shoves me to the ground of a small bathroom at the top of the stairs and locks the door. I scramble to my feet and look at him. "I don't want any trouble." I say getting to the point trying to ignore my erratic heartbeat.

"You started trouble the minute you showed up to that race. I invited you to this party for a reason."

I furrow my brows. I thought this was about me punching Lexi....

Before I can think much more about his intentions he grabs my neck and pushes me against the wall, my head banging against it.

"I invited you to this party for a reason."

"You think you can waltz into my town and make me look stupid by beating me at my race?! You think you can punch my girlfriend and get away with it?! Well you can't!" His hand was tightening around my neck with every word.

"Give me your winnings and we'll call it even."

"I-it's in t-the car." I choke out my eyes watering.

I need to think of something or he's going to kill me if I don't fight back. I refuse to die in some grubby bathroom at a house party with a guy I don't know.

"That's just not," he bangs my head against the wall, "good enough."

I clench my jaw a pain spreading like fire at the back of my head. That's it I've had enough, it's time to put my training to good use. I bring my knee up with all my force causing his hand to fall from my neck. I don't take any chances and punch him in the face and kick him in the stomach while he's down.

I quickly unlock the door and start running away from the room putting as much distance as I can between us. I look back at the door and see he hasn't followed me.

Then I crash into someone. They catch me before I fall as I look up at them. Noah.
"Oh thank god." I sigh and wrap my arms around his neck pulling him in close.

"Willow? What's wrong?" He pulls back and his dark eyes scan my face until they abruptly stop on my neck and widen.

"Noah we have to leave." I say alarm clear in my voice. He picks up on it and leads me down stairs quickly. "I'll just tell the others"

"No" I stop him.

"Why?"

"Noah I need you to take me home, we'll call the others on the way."

Noah looks back into the crowd of teenagers doubt in his eyes. "Noah, now!"

"Okay, okay."

We rush out to Noah's car and jump in, him speeding off towards the beach house.

"Now will you please tell me what the hell happened?!" Noah asks gripping the steering wheel tightly.

"It was Scott. Turns out Lexi, the girl I punched in the face, is his girlfriend and he wasn't too happy about me winning the race tonight either. He decided to pull me upstairs into a bathroom and choke me against the wall while ordering I give him the stupid money I won." I huff, trailing my fingers over the sore redness on my neck.

"Jeez Willow... are you ok?"

"I'll be fine I just need to lie down."

"You know Alec won't like it when he finds out, I doubt Scott will live to see tomorrow." Noah says glancing over at me.

"That's why we're not going to tell him."

🔆🔆🔆🔆🔆🔆

A/N: two chapters in one day?! I know I'm great. Sorry about the wait but hopefully this makes up for it :)
Make sure to comment and vote!

Sarah xoxo

Song recommendation:
Oh Mandy - The Spinto Band