Chapter 46 - What is that?

"Oh, come on!" I complain staring at my character fail to reach the finish line before Noah's.

"I win." He smiles smugly at me his eyes shining with triumph.

We've been at the gang house for a few hours now, hanging out with the guys and getting to know the new members.

I roll my eyes at Noah and toss my controller to Sam, the new gang member. He runs his hand through his hair and gives me a worried look.

I laugh, "beat his ass, I know you can." I say and stand up to find Alec, hearing Noah crack a few jokes to make Sam feel more comfortable.

I walk into the kitchen and see Alec leaning against the counter talking to Issac and the other new member, Miles.

"Hey Willow." Issac greets after swallowing a mouthful of pizza. I smile and walk to Alec's side as he wraps an arm around my waist and gives me a wink.

"Hey, any pizza left for me?" I smirk and Issac chuckles.

"If you're quick enough."

He passes me the box and I grab a slice finishing it in a blink on an eye.

"You must have been hungry." Alec smirks and I give him a shove.

"So Miles, where are you from?" I ask noticing him fidgeting on the spot.

"I was born here but moved to Washington when I was 3." He answers with an easy smile.

His shining green eyes and golden locks seem so familiar to me, like I've seen them before, I feel a pit grow in my stomach.

"Guys! Come in here! Sam just beat Noah's high score!" Erika calls from the living room cutting our conversation short.

"That's not going to go down well." Alec smirks, leading us into the room.

Sam is laughing at something Erika has said while Noah sits hunched over on the couch with his arms crossed. I laugh and walk over to him ruffling his hair.

"Aw...did you lose at your favourite game?" I pout trying not to giggle. He huffs and swats my hand away from his hair.

"I sneezed just before the end, that's the only reason he won."

I laugh, "sounds to me like you're making up excuses."

He rolls his eyes making me laugh harder.

Sam walks over to Noah with a hopeful look on his face. "No hard feelings?" He holds his hand out to Noah. Reluctantly Noah shakes it, still upset he has lost a piece of his pride.

We all settle down for the night, curling up on the sofas and putting on a movie. I feel Alec's arms wrap around me as he rests his chin on my shoulder.

"Come with me?" He whispers, his hot breath making my heart skip a beat. I nod and take his hand in mine, letting him lead me upstairs and away from all the raised eyebrows and suggesting looks coming from our friends.

He closes the door to his bedroom and follows me over to the bed, sitting down beside me. "Will you stay the night?" He stares at me his blue vibrant eyes making my stomach flip.