Chapter 28 - The Masquerade Ball Part 1

"More to the left." Dad points to a vase of white roses, striding past our busy staff. The masquerade ball is tonight and from 6am this morning it's been pandemonium in the mansion.

Flower displays are popping up in every corner and the chandeliers are hanging from the ceiling brighter than ever. The marble floor is glistening and long tables are prepared for food and drinks.

"Willow," Dad grins when he sees me approaching. "Shouldn't you be getting ready? The ball starts in three hours." He laughs, taking in my sweaty state from fighting with Zack.

"I'm just about to." I chuckle, knowing that I don't look my best right now. "Do you need any help?" I ask glancing around the busy ball room.

"I should be alright, do you have a date yet?" Dad smirks, raising a brow. "Zack is taking me." I mumble, a bright blush creeping on to my cheeks.

"I see..." he trails off with a chuckle. "See you soon Princess." He turns and walks away to prepare his office for the meeting tonight.

I walk up to my bedroom and open the door to see Erika sitting with crossed legs on my bed. "Hey girly." She grins. "I carry a very important message." She says her grin falling to a serious expression.

"Ok?" I say sitting down next to her.

She clears her throat. "I have bought you a dress because if you bought it yourself it would be too plain and boring," I open my mouth to object but she shushes me.

"A hair and makeup team will be here in an hour, before that you have to shower and do all that good stuff. After we're both done everyone should be here and you can make your grand entrance with your dad." She takes in a mouthful of air after explaining everything. "See you later." With that she leaves my room in a flash, as I sit on my bed with my mouth hanging open.

I do as I'm told and have a shower, washing my hair and shaving my legs. When I'm finished I walk out into my room wrapped in a soft robe. Before me stands a man and a woman, the woman lays out lots of makeup onto a makeshift table as the man plugs in a hairdryer and curling iron. "There you are." The lady grins at me. "I'm Nicole and this is Marcus." They both smile as me and I return it.

"Marcus is doing your hair and I'm on the makeup. Let's get you ready." Excitement sparks in her blue eyes as she takes a seat and sorts through her makeup.

Two hours later, I'm ready. I stand in front of the full length mirror in my room with shut eyes. "Ok, open." Nicole squeals as I lift my eyelids. Once my eyes adjust to the light I gasp. I stare at my reflection shocked that the girl staring back is me.

I'm wearing a long gold ball gown that has a deep V- neckline exposing some cleavage, the dress hugs my curves in all the right places and falls to the floor in a waterfall of gold just below my bottom. It magnifies my new muscle I've built up over the last months, making me smile my hard work payed off.

A dark smokey eye look surrounds my hazel eyes and a deep red lip gloss is sweared across my plump lips. My hair cascades in waves down to my shoulders, framing my face perfectly. "Thank you so much guys." I grin unable to take my eyes off myself.

"Happy to help." Marcus smiles back and I hear a light knock on my door.

"Princess?" Dad asks softly walking in. His eyes shine when he sees me, "wow you look gorgeous." He breathes taking in my appearance. He wears a crisp black suit with his hair gelled back while a grey mask covers his chocolate eyes. I glance down and see a breathtaking gold mask held in his large hands. "For me?" I ask as he walks towards me. "Of course." He smiles lifting it up to my face and securing it in place.