Chapter 43 - The Race

I wake up to Alec's arm wrapped tightly around my waist. The covers are pulled up to cover our bare chests as Alec snores peacefully beside me. I make a move to leave when he grunts and pulls me closer. His warm breath fans the back of my neck causing my stomach to flip.

"Alec we have to get up now." I say calmly.

He grunts again and nozzles his face into my neck. "Just five more minutes."

I roll my eyes playfully when a loud knock breaks our sleepy morning bubble. "Get up you love birds, breakfast is ready." Noah shouts from the other side of our bedroom door. Alec sighs as I get out of the bed and wrap a crisp white towel around myself. "Can't we just shower together? It saves water." Alec says staring up at me from the bed. His hair is sticking up in all directions and his bare chest looks like a photograph in the weak morning sunshine.

"Don't tempt me." I wink and disappear into the bathroom.

After I shower and change I walk into the lounge area where everyone is chilling having toast and cups of coffee. "Good morning." I smile as I make my way to the kitchen.

Zack is there frying an egg humming to himself quietly. "Hey Will!" He grins noticing my presence.

"Hey, sleep well?" 

"I don't think anyone really did a lot of sleeping last night if you know what I mean." He smiles, his golden eyes gleaming in mischief. "Apart from Erika of course." He laughs and I join in.

"Hey! I heard that you dickhead." Erika calls from the lounge making us laugh harder.

I grab a bowl of cereal and make my way to the dining table where Bella and Erika sit having a conversation.

"Hi Willow." Bella beams at me her perfect golden hair falling down her back in gorgeous waves.

"Will come look at this." Erika says excitement lighting up her voice. She turns her phone around to show me a post about a street race down by the docks this evening in our area. "We think it could be fun." Bella adds.

"Great idea. Is there enough spaces for us to enter?" I ask shovelling a spoonful of cereal into my mouth.

"I'm sure it will be fine, I'll text the guy running it and make sure." Erika says her fingers already flying across the keyboard of her phone.

"We'll tell the others." Bella says ushering me into the lounge. I leave my half eaten bowl of cereal hesitantly and follow Bella.

We tell Noah, Issac, Liam, Zack and Alec who are sitting on the couch watching t.v.

"That's a great idea!" Noah exclaims.

The others nod in agreement. "Sounds fun." Issac shrugs his eyes never leaving the t.v screen. 

"Sure, I'm in." Alec adds, sending me a cheeky wink making me blush.

"If Bella's there I'm there too." Zack grins as Bella grins and kisses his cheek.

"I think I'm going to get sick." Erika says waking into the room.

"Stop being dramatic." Zack retorts holding back a smile.

"Moving on," Erika starts. "I could only enter two cars since that's all the spaces they had."

"So whose gonna race?" Noah asks looking around at everyone.

"Well it's between me, Noah and Willow since we're the only ones who know how to race." Erika says simply.

Everyone decides that the fairest way to decide is rock paper scissors. After a battle between Noah and Erika, Noah won. So Erika and I played and I won, Erika was fuming but still buzzing for the race.