Chapter 7 - The Diner at 8pm

Alec holds me in his strong arms, his hand firmly gripping my waist. I've never been this close to him and I almost gasp at how beautiful he is. His hair is a wild black mess on his head, paired with lightly tanned skin. His eyes are full of colour and I will probably drown in them if I don't stop looking soon. I see his round pink lips pull up into a small smile as he helps me to my feet. I stand up straight and fix my hair feeling vulnerable under his strong gaze.

He leans in to me as his mouth hovers over my ear "Don't fall for me too quickly darling." He whispers. My hazel eyes widen as he pulls back and greets Noah by patting him on the back. He walks to the cafeteria with us, his shoulder brushing against mine, causing my heart rate to sky rocket. I need to control myself!!

We spot Ivy and Issac sitting at table so we join them, taking a seat. "You all took your time." Issac mumbles, taking the sandwich I packed today. "No." I say pulling it back. He smirks and sends Alec and Noah a look. I eye them suspiciously as I take a bite of my lunch. Before I can blink the two boys grab my arms and hold me back as I watch the devil himself take my sandwich and eat it whole in front of my eyes, despite Ivy's protests and mine.

I struggle under their strong grip but it's no use. I sigh and watch as Issac cleans his mouth with a napkin and pats his full belly. I send him my deadliest glare and I see his eyes widen a fraction. Noah and Alec let go of me and go back to their own lunch. "You'll die Issac, your days are numbered." I warn as I grab Ivy by the hand and leave the cafeteria after sending Noah and Alec death glares too. Noah waves us goodbye as Ivy calls back to Issac. "See you tonight at 8!" He sends her a charming smile as we turn onto the busy corridor.

"You don't have my blessing." I say when we finally stop. "What? Your blessing in what?" Ivy looks utterly confused. "In dating Issac," I explain. "He's a sandwich stealing prick." I complain with a frown. Ivy laughs and pulls me towards the doors and into the car park. "Why are we leaving? We still have two classes left." I say as Ivy starts walking further away from the school.

"Well, if I don't leave now I'll never be ready for my date." Ivy explains.

"Ivy, your date isn't until 8pm." I say chuckling. "I don't care, I need all the time I can get." Ivy and I approach my road and walk into my house dumping our bags on the floor. She walks up the stairs and into my small room, tearing apart my wardrobe looking for something to wear.

After an hour of me lying on my bed reading and Ivy searching for the perfect outfit, she shouts, "Willow this is stunning! I have to wear this tonight." Ivy squeals holding a black sequin body con dress in front of her. I sigh out of relief, "Thank the lord." I stand up and lay out my makeup on my dressing table waiting for Ivy to appear in her (my) dress.

She walks into my room a huge smile on her lips. The dress hugs her figure in all the right places and shines as bright as the sun. "Issac will be drooling when he sees you." I say grinning. She laughs and peers at herself in the mirror, she does a twirl and her smile grows bigger. "I have to do your makeup." I say leading her to a chair as I start to work my magic. I do a simple smokey eye with a dark red lip. After I finish I pin back two of her braids at the front of her face and admire my work.

Ivy's eyes shine bright with excitement as she slips on some black pumps and grabs a grey shoulder bag.

I take off Ivy's dress that I'm wearing and get into mom jeans and a striped shirt, I feel much more comfortable in these. We run downstairs and grab the keys to my mom's car, saying a goodbye to her as we leave. I drive us to the diner in the centre of the city, the city begins to glow as the sun dips in the sky. I just got my license and am more than happy to get some more practice.

When we arrive Issac is standing at the entrance wearing his usual leather jacket and skinny jeans. His dark eyes light up when he spots Ivy walking towards him, me trailing behind. Issac grabs her by the hand and leads her into the bustling restaurant after sending me a smile.

I guess I should grab a bite to eat too, even though it's kind of sad that I'm on my own. I walk into the warm diner and walk up to the lady behind the bar, I order a burger and a chocolate milkshake and hand her over the money owed. I take in the restaurant and it's friendly and retro feel. Old music plays from the jukebox and red leather booths line the walls. A warm red light is cast over the room as people laugh and chat to each other.

I wander over to the opposite side of the place to Issac and Ivy. As I approach the last free booth I spot a familiar head of black hair. "Noah?" He turns around and gives me a charming smile, ushering for me to sit down.

"I didn't know you were going to be here." I say getting comfortable in my seat. "To be honest, I wanted to spy on the date...but, you blew my cover." He sighs taking a sip of his milkshake.

"I can only apologise." I laugh.

"I forgive you, no worries." He smiles, his eyes darting over to Ivy and Issac.

"They're cute together." I say turning around to look at them. They stare deeply into each others eyes as Ivy tells a story that casts a spell over Issac.

"They sure are." Noah agrees, his eyes meeting mine again.

"So Willow, tell me everything I need to know about you." He says, leaning back in his seat, pretending to smoke a cigarette using his fork. "You're kinda creeping me out." I admit, biting back a laugh. "Just put the fork down." I say, giving in and laughing.

He laughs and goes back to his usual self. "Let's play twenty questions." He suggests, watching as a waitress brings my milkshake and both our food. "That's a great idea, you first."

He stares out the window thinking of a question for a few moments...

                   🔆🔆🔆🔆🔆🔆

A/N: Sorry this chapter was a bit shorter, I have a whole conversation planned for Willow and Noah I just thought it be better if that had its own chapter. Hope you enjoyed this one, make sure to comment and and vote. I wonder what questions they'll ask each other and what secrets will be revealed, stay tuned...

Sarah xx

Song recommendation:
Chasing a Ghost - The Morning Blenders.