Chapter 18 - Right Under Our Noses

————————————————
ALEC'S P.O.V
————————————————
I spent that night kissing and cuddling Willow like there's no tomorrow. She's so perfect and probably too perfect for me, a damaged bad boy who beats people up for a living. I mean, she's just like an angel, innocent and beautiful.

I sigh, my head dropping to my palm. I wait here in the silent kitchen of our gang house for everyone to return. Liam sent out a message saying that he has some huge news and we need to meet him here, that's why I left Willow's house. She owns me and she doesn't know it, the minute she said she felt the same way, I was a goner.

My brother tells me he doesn't trust her but, he needs to let me be happy after years of pain. He knows the darkness I fell into and the reason I joined his gang, so the least he can do is be happy for me.

The silence in the room wraps around me as I look around our messy kitchen. There are open cookie packets on the counters and dirty plates, it's all Issac. I chuckle to myself about how much that guy eats.

He seems happy with Ivy and they seem to be a perfect couple. Liam and Noah are happy as ever, their one year anniversary is coming soon. My father has moved to a different state after marrying his fifth wife and I'm just loving Willow.

When my mother passed away after a long battle with cancer, she changed the family she left behind. My brother threw himself into the leader role of the gang, my father cut off all emotion and went through new women every month, even with himself hurting inside he still numbed his pain with new women. Liam and I remind him too much of Mom so he drifted from us gradually too.

The last straw was last week when Liam finally came out gay to him after months, even years of hiding it. Liam, my fearless big brother was actually scared of Dad's reaction and it wasn't a good one. He roared and broke things and cut Liam and I from his life completely. After Mom died, I changed the most. I was young, happy and carefree as she hid her illness from us. It came as a shock, as the one person in my life that made me smile the most had just vanished.

I broke down, isolated myself from everyone, just staring at my bedroom walls as tears fell from my eyes. I refused to speak, eat and sleep for almost a week. That's when I became violent and angry, angry that she never told us and never prepared us. That anger gradually fizzled out and all that was left was darkness.

I joined the gang hoping to find a new passion and something to occupy my mind. There I met Noah and Issac and they carefully and slowing nursed me back to life. I was once sitting at the bottom of a dark pit in my mind, but thanks to Noah and Issac I'm now gripping the edges pulling myself towards the light that is inches from my finger tips. The person to pull me to the top and out will be Willow, she's already made me smile like my mother did and she makes me happy beyond belief.

"I'm done with those Assholes!" Issac grumbles as the rest of my gang come bounding into the kitchen after a drug deal. I decide not to ask about it because I'm not in the mood for a rant about tough drug dealers. Issac grabs a packet of cookies and starts eating them whole.

"They're being ridiculous." Noah agrees as he kisses Liam's cheek and pours himself some water.

"How's my baby brother?" Liam coos, messing up my hair as I growl at him, he chuckles and sits next to me.

"I left Willow's house for your damn announcement, it better be good." I complain as Noah and Issac bicker over which is better, donuts or cookies.

"Don't be an idiot Noah, cookies are way better, they're crunchy and delicious and they're nice and small so you can have as many as you want." Issac debates.

"I'm not an idiot! Donuts are unreal! They're round and fluffy and you can have anything you want on top of them. What more could you want?" Noah explains, sounding like a guy who is advertising them. Liam and I sigh as they continue they're debate.

"Cookies."

"Donuts."

"Cookies!"

"Donuts!"

"COOKIES!"

"DONUTS!"

"Enough!" Liam roars, silencing the room. "As much as I would love to sit here and listen to your debate, I have some pretty big, life changing news." He says, grabbing everyone's attention.

"Issac told me something that is pretty shocking and I think we should all discuss it." We all nod, waiting for what it is as Issac looks down at his hands, nervously.

"So, as you all know we have been searching high and low for Harry Gale's lost daughter....well, Issac's girlfriend told us that she has been right under our noses the whole time." Noah and I furrow our brows as we are unsure of where this is going.

"His daughter is our good friend...Willow Clark." My heart stops and I feel my body freeze. "We're going to be rich!" He exclaims, excitement lighting up his stormy eyes. Noah's jaw is on the floor, Issac looks guilty as hell and well...I'm tense as fuck.

"So here's the plan..." Liam starts, taking out a sheet from his leather jacket pocket. "Liam." I warn, my voice dangerously low.

"Look Alec, I know you guys have had a thing going on, but think about the reward. We'll be on the good side of Harry Gale! What gang leader would turn down that opportunity? Not to mention the huge cash prize that could bring our gang to the next level." Liam says, his voice chilling. My mind is a haze, she told me her dad passed away, why would she lie? There has to be a good reason why she lied to me about it, why she doesn't want anyone knowing.

"Why did Ivy tell you?" I ask Issac, my face hard as stone. "She blurted it out by accident and I had to tell Liam, it's just such an amazing opportunity."

"Alec please agree to help us get her." Liam says, staring at me. "Liam...I love her. How could I do that to someone I love? Take her against her will." My voice shakes.

"I'm with Alec on this Liam," Noah agrees. "Willow's my friend and I don't want her to be put in danger. You know how Harry is, he could kill her for all we know." Noah's eyes begin to water and I realise that I am not the only person who cares for Willow.

"You guys can't be serious? She's right there for us to take and bring to Harry, think of all the respect and money we'll get." Liam tries one last time to convince us.

"No way Liam." I say shaking my head, hiding my shaking hands.

"I can't do that to her." Noah agrees in a small voice.

"Liam...I dunno." Issac ponders, but we all know he's willing, he wouldn't of told us about it if he didn't want to take her.

"Well to be honest with you all, you don't have a choice. I'm the leader and I say we take her to Harry. Decision final."

                 🔆🔆🔆🔆🔆🔆

A/N: sooooooo, the truth comes out! This is going to get juicy as promised. If you enjoyed this chapter make sure to comment and vote and send your wishes to Willow because she's gonna need them. To find out what happens next, stay tuned.....

Sarah xx

Song recommendation:
Don't Wanna Think - Julia Michaels

Ps, I can't thank you all enough for 10k reads. You have no idea how much it means to me! Love you guys so much! 💓