2. Eight Years Later.

Roan walked into his local bar with his colleague and friend of three years. Lincoln had become like another brother to Roan, always helping him out when he could. The two of them headed straight for the bar after a long day at work. They both worked at the local garage along with Bellamy.

"It's Friday, party time!" Roan cheered as they sat down and collected their beers.

"Dude, I love the job, but old man Wallace and his son are dicks!" Lincoln complained.

"I still can't believe he let Bellamy have the day off." Roan chuckled.

"What's he doing today anyway?" Lincoln asked, taking a swig of his drink.

"Said he had something to take care of but he's probably hung over and crashing on my sister's couch." Roan shrugged.

Lincoln let out a loud laugh and the two of them continued talking amongst themselves until the doors opened again.

"Hey isn't that the new guy that started earlier this week?" Lincoln asked.

"Yeah, Finn Collins I think his name is." Roan nodded.

"Hey Finn!" Lincoln called across the room, waving his hand in the air.

"Hey guys, didn't know you came here?" Finn said as he approached them.

"Every Friday." Roan nodded. "You wanna join us?"

"Sure." Finn sat down beside Roan.

"We're heading over Lincoln's in a minute for pizza and football but you're welcome to join us." Roan said, finishing his beer.

"You sure you don't mind? I don't wanna intrude or anything." Finn said hesitantly.

"Nah man, it's cool." Lincoln smiled.

"Alright then, sure." Finn nodded.

Lincoln paid the bill for their drinks and the three of them headed towards Roan's car. Since he'd only had one drink, he was still able to drive. Finn climbed in the back of the car as Lincoln sat in the passenger seat while Roan sat in the drivers seat.

"I gotta stop off at my sisters quick." Roan said, pulling out onto the road. "Got some stuff to drop off."

"Cool. I haven't seen Clarke in like two weeks." Lincoln nodded.

Fifteen minutes later, Roan pulled up to Clarke's apartment. She'd been living on her own for a year. Since she'd got a job at the hospital, she'd moved closer to work. Her mother was a surgeon there and Clarke had followed her mothers footsteps and taken a career in the medical field, training to be a nurse. Once she'd qualified, her mother had surprised her with the deposit for her own apartment.

"You guys coming?" Roan asked.

"Yes! I wanna see if Bellamy is hung over. Plus I can see Clarke before she disappears into work again." Lincoln nodded.

"Alright, you coming Finn?" Roan asked.

"I guess." Finn shrugged.

Roan lead them up to Clarke's apartment. He pulled a small silver key out his pocket and opened the door. Finn looked surprised that Roan had just let himself in.

"Clarke?!" Roan called out as he slammed the door shut behind him.

"Kitchen!"

Roan walked into the kitchen carrying a large box. Clarke stood near the fridge wearing her nurses uniform. She turned around and looked surprised to see Lincoln and some man she didn't know standing behind Roan.