5. Its my life!

*continues from previous chapter*

An awkward silence settled in the room. Octavia, Lincoln, Raven and Murphy looked between themselves, waiting for someone to say something. Jasper and Monty stood with their hands in their pockets. Clarke wished the ground would swallow her whole. Finn was staring at her like he was waiting for her to do or say anything. But she could feel Bellamy's eyes locked onto the side of her face too. Then there was Roan, who was glaring at Finn like he had just insulted him.

"So we gonna eat or what? I'm starving!" Murphy groaned, breaking the silence.

Clarke had never been so thankful for Murphy's carefree attitude until that moment. She just wanted the night to be over now. She wanted to shower then crawl into bed and never come out again. Her thoughts were interrupted when she felt an arm wrap around her waist.

"Come sit with me?" Finn whispered in her ear.

Clarke forced a smile and nodded her head. They made their way into the room when Roan called out to Clarke.

"Clarke. Help me with the beers."

Clarke could tell by her brothers tone that he wasn't happy. She pulled herself out of Finn's grip and turned back to the kitchen.

"You want some help?" Finn asked.

"No. We got it." Roan responded, a little bluntly.

Finns face twitched slightly but he turned and walked into the living room without another word.

"Did you have to be so rude?" Clarke asked, rolling her eyes.

"Why is he here Clarke?" Roan asked, ignoring her question.

"I told you, he came to check up on me and I felt bad. So I invited him in. You said you were fine with me seeing him." Clarke said.

"I also told Murphy I liked his sweater, doesn't mean it was true!" Roan replied sarcastically.

"Roan, What exactly are you trying to say?" Clarke asked, folding her arms across her chest.

"I'm saying." Roan said, mimicking her actions. "That I don't trust him. I don't like the way he looks at you."

Clarke let out a heavy sigh and looked away.

"What do you see in him Clarke?" Roan asked.

"He hasn't done anything bad to me Ro, he thought I was sick so he came to see if I was alright and found me absolutely fine, with Bellamy here. I can understand why he's pissed." Clarke explained.

"He acts like he's got some sort of claim over you already. I don't trust him." Roan shook his head.

"Well I do. It's my life and I don't need you interfering." Clarke spat. With that she turned on her heel and walked into the living room.

Roan ran his hand down his face in frustration. He loved his sister but he hated how stubborn and strong willed she was. Her reckless behaviour often got her into situations that weren't good. With a groan, Roan picked up the crate of beer bottles and headed for the front room.

"Finally! I was starting to think you got lost!" Octavia teased.

"Just drink the damn beer." Roan huffed as he dropped the bottles on the table.

"Touchy." Octavia pouted.

This time, conversations flowed easily around the room. Roan watched in silence as Clarke laughed at something Finn said. He watched Finns actions closely, observing the way his arm would brush against hers or his hand would touch her thigh. Roan could feel his anger rising and knew that he should leave before he did something that would make Clarke hate him forever.