33. You Still Have Hope?

*** WRITERS BLOCK IS A B*TCH! I know what I want to write, I just can't find the right way to put it all into words and I'm so annoyed at myself for making you all wait so long! I'm so worried it's all getting too repetitive and straying from the original storyline! Ugh fml.***

~~~

"Dammit!" Bellamy cursed as he slammed his phone down on the counter.

"Everything okay?" Clarke asked, looking up from the mail in front of her.

"No. Wallace wants me to work late tomorrow because some flash CEO wants his car fixed by tomorrow night." Bellamy sighed heavily.

"I thought you had the day off to take your Mom to the doctor?" Clarke said, sitting up straighter.

"I did. Apparently I have two choices, either work tomorrow or don't go back at all." Bellamy spat.

"Dante said that?" Clarke raised a brow.

"No, his son, Cage. Dante is handing down the business soon and Cage is handling the staff now." Bellamy said, sitting opposite Clarke.

"What time is your Mom's appointment?" Clarke asked.

"Two Thirty." Bellamy said.

"I'll take her. I can switch my shift at the hospital." Clarke smiled.

"Are you sure?" Bellamy asked.

"Of course. This is important and I don't want you losing your job when I can help." Clarke nodded.

"I owe you one." Bellamy sighed in relief.

It had been two weeks since Aurora was admitted to hospital and tomorrow they would find out if Aurora had cancer or not. To say Bellamy was nervous was an understatement. All his life he had depended on his mother. Before Clarke, Aurora and Octavia were the only people Bellamy was prepared to give his life for.

Bellamy couldn't even imagine a life without his mother. She had been the only constant in his life from the day he was born. He never knew his birth father and the man who acted as his father had left them. Aurora was the only one who had never given up on Bellamy.

Knowing that Clarke would be with her on such an important day made Bellamy feel more at ease. The last thing he wanted was for Aurora to be alone when her life could change forever.

"No need. Aurora is family, there's no way I'd let her do this alone." Clarke smiled gently.

"I'll go call her and tell her." Bellamy said, standing up.

"I'll start dinner." Clarke nodded.

Clarke began preparing dinner for herself and Bellamy while Bellamy went into the bedroom to call Aurora. Since their engagement, Clarke and Bellamy had decided it was best for Bellamy to move in with her since she lived closest to both of their jobs and her apartment was bigger than Bellamy's.

Clarke started chopping various vegetables as there was a knock on her door. Her brows furrowed in confusion as she walked out into the hall. She wasn't expecting any company and she knew if it was her brother or Octavia they would have just let themselves in.

Clarke opened the door and was shocked to find a familiar face she hadn't seen in almost a year.

"Finn?" Clarke said as she pulled the door open completely.

"Hi. I'm sorry to just drop round like this but I need to talk to you." Finn said, his hands in his pockets.

"Now's not the best time Finn." Clarke looked hesitant.

"It won't take long. This is important." Finn said determinedly.

Just as Clarke was about to ask Finn to leave, Bellamy walked out of the bedroom.

"Mom said see you tomorrow." Bellamy smiled. His smile dropped instantly when he saw Finn at the door. "What are you doing here?"

"I'm not exactly thrilled to be here either. But since you're both here I guess this is the perfect time. Look, I need to tell you guys something." Finn sighed.

Bellamy and Clarke shared a look of concern before Clarke nodded and opened the door wider, allowing Finn to enter the apartment.
Bellamy led them all through to the living room where Finn sat in the armchair. Clarke and Bellamy sat beside each other on the sofa, giving Finn their full attention.

"So whats up?" Clarke asked.

"Before I tell you, you have to understand I'm not here to cause drama. I've put everything behind me and moved on." Finn said certainly.

"Just get to the point." Bellamy said sternly.

"Gina called me." Finn sighed.

"Why would Gina call you? I didn't even know you knew each other?" Bellamy asked.

"We met a few times. But she called and started asking all these questions about your relationship. She wanted to know when it started, if you'd had any fights recently, stuff like that." Finn said, leaning his elbows on his knees.

"Why does she want to know all that? She knows me and Clarke were friends before all this." Bellamy furrowed his brows.

"Honestly, I don't know, if I had to guess I'd say she's trying to split you guys up." Finn shrugged.

"And how do we know this isn't you trying to split us up? You were obsessed with Clarke after knowing her for two weeks." Bellamy said defensively.

"I already told you, I've moved on. I came here to warn you. What you do with the information is up to you." Finn said, standing up.

Clarke and Bellamy rose to their feet. Clarke didn't know what to think. Surely Finn had no reason to lie.

"Thanks for telling us." Clarke nodded her head in gratitude.

Finn nodded his head before making his way out of the apartment. Clarke remained in the same spot, her arms wrapped around herself. Bellamy turned to face her and placed his hands on her arms.

"We'll get through this." He said certainly.

"Will we?" Clarke asked, squeezing herself a little tighter.

"It's just another bump in the road. I have hope that our relationship is too strong to let something like this come between us." Bellamy smiled softly.

"You still have hope?" Clarke looked up at him with a wishful look twinkling in her eyes.

"We still breathing?" Bellamy smiled.

Clarke returned his smile and wrapped her arms around Bellamy's torso. His hands gently held her face as he pressed his lips to hers. He pulled away and kissed her forehead before pulling her into a hug.

"I love you." Bellamy whispered into her hair.

"I love you too." Clarke said softly.

***

This chapter sucked. I hate it. I hate writing filler chapters cause I just ramble. UGH writing is hard 😭

As always your votes & comments keep me going 💖 I love you all my cherubs 💖