10. Too messed up.

Bellamy pulled up to the bar fifteen minutes later. After Clarke had left, Bellamy pulled Octavia aside and demanded she tell him everything she'd told Clarke. Octavia had been confused over the whole thing, but it didn't take her long to realise she'd made a mistake.

Bellamy entered the bar and instantly found Raven wiping down tables. His heart rate increased slightly when he couldn't see Clarke.

"She's in the back, she crashed on the couch in the office." Raven supplied without even turning around.

Bellamy wasted no time in heading towards Clarke. He was surprised to see her sat up, with her head in her hands.

"Clarke?" Bellamy asked softly.

"Go away." Clarke mumbled. Bellamy didn't even need to see her face to know she was crying.

"Clarke, you need to go home." Bellamy sighed.

"I said, go away!" Clarke yelled.

"What the hell happened to you?" Bellamy asked, crouching down in front of her. He reached out to grab her hand.

"Don't fucking touch me!" Clarke yelled, yanking her hand away.

Bellamy pulled his hand back and took a deep breath. He knew this wasn't going to be easy. Clarke was angry at him. But he was angry with her too. But no matter how angry he was with her, he wasn't going to leave her in this state.

"Let me take you home." Bellamy said softly.

"I'm not going anywhere. Especially not with you." Clarke glared at him.

"Would you rather I called your brother?" Bellamy raised a brow at her.

"What are you doing here Bellamy?" Clarke spat.

"Raven called me." Bellamy shrugged.

"What? Now you suddenly care about me again?" Clarke scoffed.

"I always cared about you Clarke." Bellamy sighed.

"So much that you slept with Gina hours after walking out on me." Clarke glared at him.

"Just like you slept with me for a week without telling me that you were still dating Finn?"

Clarke only continued to glare at him. She wanted to punch his perfect face. She wanted to shove him away and never see him again. But at the same time, she wanted the comfort of his arms. She wanted him to kiss her head like he always did when she was upset, and tell her everything was going to be okay.

Bellamy hadn't seen Clarke this bad since she got too drunk on her last day of med school. That night Bellamy had kept her close at all times. He made sure anyone who wasn't a close friend or relative, stayed well away from her. He kept her safe and made sure she got home. But this was different. Clarke wasn't happy. She was broken. She'd messed up. Bellamy knew that. And in his anger, he'd slept with his ex.

Clarke took her phone out her pocket, opened a message and handed the phone to Bellamy. She looked down at her toes as Bellamy read the message. Bellamy looked down at the phone in his hands and saw a text from Finn.

I can't believe you'd do this to me Clarke. I really thought you were someone special. Turns out you're just a slut. You deserve everything that's happening. That's what happens when you string two guys along at the same time. I'm not surprised Bellamy fucked his ex. You're so fucked up that you can't see when you have something special right in front of you!

Bellamy reread the text again before handing Clarke her phone back. He looked at her for a second before standing up.

"What are you doing?" Clarke sighed.

"I'm gonna kill him." Bellamy declared.

"No you're not. You know as well as I do that he's right. I'm too messed up. I ruined everything." Clarke said, looking down at the floor again.

"Clarke, you need to go home." Bellamy said.

"I'll call Roan. You can go." Clarke said quietly.

"I'm not just gonna leave you here alone." Bellamy replied.

Clarke snorted a short laugh and shook her head. "I would."

Bellamy was torn. A part of him was still angry at her. She'd lied to him and she'd made him the other man. Bellamy had known that crossing the line would be dangerous. He just never expected it to blow up like this so quickly. But Clarke was his best friend before he'd fallen for her. A part of him would always care for her.

"I'll stay until Roan gets here." Bellamy mumbled before he walked back into the bar.

Bellamy found Raven washing glasses behind the bar. He sat down at the bar and let his head fall onto the wooden surface.

"How is she?" Raven asked.

"I don't know. She's calling Roan." Bellamy shrugged.

"What happened between you guys?" Raven asked.

Bellamy sat up straight and sighed. "We crossed the line."

"Took you long enough." Raven smirked.

"Yeah well, apparently we're better off as friends. Things got too complicated." Bellamy shook his head.

A heavy silence fell upon the two friends. Raven finished cleaning while Bellamy sat alone with his thoughts. Bellamy must have been deeper into his thoughts than he realised, as one moment it was silent, the only sound coming from the clinking of glass, the next, Roan was slamming the doors to the bar open.

"Where is she?" Roan growled, walking towards them.

"In the back." Raven said, pointing over her shoulder.

Roan disappeared into the back room where Clarke was waiting. A few minutes later, Roan reappeared with Clarke beside him. He had an arm around her waist, holding her upright. Her arm was draped over his shoulders. With a final nod at Bellamy and a 'goodnight' to Raven, Roan escorted his intoxicated sister out to his car.

Bellamy wished Raven a goodnight and followed the Griffin siblings out into the cold air. Roan had successfully got Clarke into his car and turned to face Bellamy.

"Thanks for being here for her. I don't know what happened but I've never seen Clarke like this before." Roan said, rubbing the back of his neck.

"I'm sure she'll tell you when she's ready." Bellamy said carefully.

"I know you know what happened Bell. I'm not stupid. I know she tells you everything." Roan said.

"It's not my place to say." Bellamy shook his head.

"Are you involved?" Roan asked.

"Kind of. But it's Clarke's choice whether she tells you. I'll see you around." Bellamy said before getting into his car and driving away.