32. What's a Chest, Without a Heart?

A deal's a deal WistfulDreamersDream this one's for you 😘

Bellamy paced the waiting room of Arkadia Hospital. He couldn't sit still. He knew that if he did, he would fall apart. Everything felt like a blur right now. The noises around him all sounded like a jumbled buzz. He found himself looking but not really seeing.

Clarke was worried. Octavia sat beside her, her head rested on Clarke's shoulder and her hand clamped tightly in Clarke's. Lincoln sat the other side of Octavia. His hand rested on his wife's leg in support. Roan stood opposite them, with Echo by his side. Echo felt like she shouldn't be here. This was a personal family matter and Echo didn't know Aurora. Yet she stayed to support Roan and her knew friends.

"What's taking them so long?!" Roan exclaimed. Being in the hospital waiting brought back memories of when his father had been rushed into hospital. Roan only hoped Aurora didn't have the same outcome as Jake.

Bellamy continued his pacing, completely oblivious to the world around him.

"The doctor said he'll be as quick as he can." Clarke said quietly. Being a member of staff at the hospital, Clarke understood how busy the Emergency Room could get. However that didn't stop her wishing they would hurry up and give them some answers.

They still didn't know why Aurora had been admitted to hospital. She had seemed perfectly fine the last time they saw her.

"I just want to know my Mom is okay!" Octavia sniffled.

"She's strong O, she's gonna be fine." Clarke said, resting her head on top of Octavia's.

"How can you say that?" Bellamy stopped pacing. It was the first thing he'd said since they arrived at the hospital.

"Bellamy, she's a fighter. We don't even know what's wrong yet." Clarke explained.

"Exactly. We don't know what's wrong. She could be in there dying. She could already be dead and we're stuck out here!" Bellamy yelled. In his frustration, he kicked over the trashcan, sending the contents flying across the room.

"Bellamy! Calm down!" Roan hissed.

Members of staff were starting to look at the group suspiciously. A nurse approached them.

"Sir, I'm going to have to ask you to remain calm. I understand this is difficult for you but we're doing everything we can. Please take a seat." The nurse said as politely as she could manage.

"Don't worry, we've got this." Roan said, pulling Bellamy away by his shoulders. "Sorry about the mess, we'll clean it up."

The nurse nodded her head and left them again.

"Dude, you gotta keep it together!" Roan said sternly.

"I know, I know I'm sorry." Bellamy sighed. He sat down beside Clarke.

"It's gonna be okay Bell." Clarke said softly, squeezing his hand.

"Some proposal this turned out to be." Bellamy scoffed with a small smile. Clarke smiled at him and rubbed his arm.

"Proposal?" Octavia said, lifting her head from Clarke's shoulder.

"You guys got engaged?" Lincoln asked, sitting forward.

"Well, yeah. Just before O came in, Bellamy proposed, kinda?" Clarke shrugged.

"And Clarke said yes." Bellamy smiled for the first time since Clarke had actually said yes.

"Oh my god, you guys! Congratulations!" Octavia grinned.

"Why didn't you say anything?" Lincoln said.