16. You are not alone.

Bellamy rolled out of bed as his phone rang for the third time. Letting out a groan, he dragged his feet to the kitchen where he'd left his phone on charge. Glancing at the screen through squinted eyes, he saw Octavia's name flash on the bright screen.

"Hello?" Bellamy's sleep filled voice said.

"Bell? Why are you still in bed?!" Octavia exclaimed down the line.

"Because it's 7.30 on a Saturday morning. Why wouldn't I be?" Bellamy groaned.

"Because today is an important day!"

"It's just a barbecue O, calm down." Bellamy chuckled.

"I convinced Clarke to come, we have to make sure she has a good time or she'll never speak to me again!"

"Yes she will. Stop being so dramatic. She'll be fine." Bellamy explained.

"You're no help at all! Just hurry up and get over here, you can help set up." Octavia demanded.

"You're taking this way too seriously." Bellamy sighed as Octavia hung up on him.

Bellamy went back into his bedroom to get dressed. He decided he'd go and see Clarke before they went to his mothers house.

He grabbed two coffees on his way to Clarke's and ten minutes later, he was at her door. He kicked the bottom of the door, waiting patiently for Clarke to answer. Bellamy began to worry when Clarke didn't open the door after a second knock. Balancing the coffee cups in one hand, Bellamy pulled Clarke's key out of his jacket pocket.

"Clarke?" Bellamy called out as he entered her apartment. "You here?"

Silence.

Bellamy tried to steady his breathing as he looked around her apartment. He could have collapsed to the floor in relief when he found her walking out her bathroom, wrapped in a towel. Clarke jumped and gripped the towel covering her body when she saw Bellamy standing in her bedroom.

"What the fuck Bellamy?!" Clarke yelled.

"Sorry, I knocked but you didn't answer, I panicked." Bellamy said, rubbing the back of his neck.

"I was in the shower! O rang me at stupid o clock to make sure I was still going." Clarke rolled her eyes.

"I got the same call." Bellamy chuckled.

"I don't mean to be rude, but why are you here?" Clarke asked.

"I brought coffee." Bellamy replied quickly. He then suddenly remembered that he'd barged In unannounced and Clarke was in nothing but a towel. "I'll let you get dressed."

He returned to the kitchen and waited for Clarke to finish getting ready. Ten minutes later, she appeared in the kitchen. Bellamy frowned at her appearance. She had sky blue ripped jeans on with a long sleeved shirt.

"You do realise it's a hot day? You really wanna wear a long sleeved shirt?" Bellamy asked.

"Yes. I'm cold." Clarke nodded.

"No one will look at it Clarke." Bellamy said softly. Clarke could lie all she wanted. Bellamy knew the real reason she wore long sleeves was because she was self conscious about her scar. It was still raised and pink.

"I'd rather not give anyone a chance." Clarke shrugged.

"Clarke, you don't have to hide it. No one is going to judge you." Bellamy said.

"I'd still rather keep it covered." Clarke said quietly, looking down at her arm.

"You're gonna sweat like mad. It's like 90 degrees out." Bellamy smirked.

Clarke rolled her eyes and sat down beside him at the kitchen table. He handed her the coffee he'd brought her and the two of them fell into silence again.

They spent the morning talking and looking through the old phone Clarke had found the day before. Bellamy's ribs ached from laughter as they looked through the old photos. Eventually Clarke left to get ready for the barbecue, leaving Bellamy alone in the kitchen. He flicked through the photos on the phone until one caught his eye. A picture of him and Clarke on her 18th birthday. It was obvious they were both very drunk in the picture. Bellamy had his arm around Clarke, and she in return, had her lips pressed to his cheek, on the corner of his mouth. Bellamy couldn't even remember the photo being taken.

As Clarke walked into the kitchen, in a vest top this time, Bellamy held out the phone.

"Do you remember this?" Bellamy asked.

Clarke took the phone from him, studying the picture in front of her. "When was this taken?"

"I think that's your 18th birthday. I don't remember much from that night." Bellamy chuckled.

"No, me neither. I don't remember taking this." Clarke shook her head. Something in her eyes made Bellamy think she wasn't being completely honest.

"You ready to go?" Bellamy asked, changing the subject.

Clarke nodded her head and Bellamy offered to drive them both to his mothers house. Since he had to go past Clarke's apartment to get home, he didn't see the point in them taking two cars. They hopped in Bellamy's car and began the short journey to the Blake house.

They arrived at 12.15. Bellamy had a feeling Octavia would have something to say about it but he was too focused on Clarke's panicked breathing to care right now.

"Hey, look at me." Bellamy said softly.

Clarke slowly turned her head to look at him, swallowing hard.

"It's no one you haven't met before. Anyone who is here today, knows what happened. No one is going to say anything to you, I promise." Bellamy said, looking straight into her eyes.

Clarke didn't reply, she simply nodded her head.

"I'll be with you the whole time, you don't have to do this alone." Bellamy smiled softly, squeezing her hand.

"Thank you." Clarke whispered.

Bellamy nodded his head and they got out the car and walked towards the party. Most people were already there and Bellamy knew that Clarke was anxious about walking in to a yard full of curious eyes. He lead her through the house, towards the kitchen. Aurora, Abby and Octavia were all stood in the kitchen, talking.

"Hey, isn't this supposed to be a party?" Bellamy said as he walked into the kitchen.

"There you are!" Octavia exclaimed! "I said be here for 12!"

"We're 15 minutes late O, calm down." Bellamy argued.

"Alright guys, let's not fight about this now! This is going to be hard enough as it is." Aurora sighed. Abby placed a hand on her friends shoulder in support.

"What is?" Bellamy asked, looking between his mother and sister.

"Before I tell you, you have to promise you won't kick off." Aurora said. Her face looked terrified and Bellamy was starting to fear the worst.

"Dad's here." Octavia interrupted.

****

PLOT TWIST!!

I know they never talk about the Blake's father but it's my story 😜

It's about to get serious in here guys!