17. Family Reunion.

"Excuse me?" Bellamy blinked twice, jerking his head forward.

"Mom invited Grandma and apparently she told Dad about it and now he's here." Octavia explained.

"Octavia!" Aurora warned.

"What? You know as well as I do that it's better to just get it over with!" Octavia said defensively.

Bellamy didn't know what to say. He was angry and confused. Although he wasn't Bellamy's biological father, the man had raised him like his own. Aurora had met Kyle after Bellamy's biological father had passed away and two years later they had Octavia. Kyle had always treated Bellamy like his son, always treating him the same way he did Octavia. But one night when Bellamy was 8 and Octavia was 6, Kyle left and never came back.

For years Octavia tried to get in touch with her father, but always came up with nothing. Even Bellamy had tried to track him down, but the man had disappeared. He'd left his family heartbroken and alone.

"Why is he here?" Bellamy asked.

"He said he wants to catch up." Octavia shrugged.

"Oh does he?" Bellamy scoffed. "After 14 years he's decided he wants to know us? How convenient."

"Look, can we not do this now! We've got a yard full of friends and family and I am not going to let him ruin it!" Aurora said sharply.

Bellamy now realised why Octavia had begged Clarke to come. She knew that the only person who would truly be able to calm him down would be Clarke. Clarke always knew how to calm him down, even when his mother and sister failed.

"Let's just get this over with." Bellamy growled. The three Blake's left the kitchen, leaving Clarke and Abby alone.

"You alright honey?" Abby asked, wrapping her arm around Clarke's shoulders.

"Yeah I'm fine." Clarke nodded.

"I haven't seen you in a while, I was starting to think you'd forgot about me." Abby teased.

"Just been busy." Clarke shook her head.

"Come on, I have a feeling Bellamy's going to need you today." Abby sighed.

The two of them entered the yard to find Bellamy standing face to face with Kyle. Clarke's heart was racing. She'd never met Kyle, but she'd heard stories about him. She knew that Bellamy had never forgiven him for leaving them. Clarke edged closer but was pulled back by Roan who shook his head, warning her to keep her distance.

"Well look who's all grown up!" Kyle cheered as he looked at Bellamy.

Bellamy was at least a head taller than Kyle and was also bigger built. Clarke had no difficulty choosing who would win in a fight. She just hoped it didn't come to that.

"Why are you here?" Bellamy asked, crossing his arms across his chest.

"Well hello to you too, Son." Kyle smirked.

Clarke saw Bellamy's jaw twitch and instantly held her breath.

"What do you want?" Bellamy growled.

"I just wanted to see my kids." Kyle said. Clarke thought he sounded pretty sincere. Apparently Bellamy didn't.

"So now you give a shit? What about 14 years ago when your kids needed you?" Bellamy spat.

"I know I wasn't the best dad, but I still care about you both?" Kyle said.

"You care? Who was there when Octavia had nightmares every night because you left without even so much as a goodbye? Who was there when Octavia was being bullied at school? Who was there for her when she broke her arm? Who was there for her when she had fights with Mom? Me. I was there for her through everything. Not you. You don't give a shit about us. It was me that did your job with Octavia. It was Mom who raised us!" Bellamy was almost yelling at this point.

"I'm sorry I left. But I never stopped caring, about either of you." Kyle said desperately.

Octavia approached them. "Bellamy, just give him a chance."

"No. He doesn't deserve a chance." Bellamy growled.

"He's still our dad Bell." Octavia sighed.

"He might be yours, but as far as I'm concerned, I don't have a father." Bellamy spat before turning and walking away. He ran into the house, slamming the door behind him.

"I think you should leave Kyle." Aurora said quietly.

"I.." Kyle started but he was cut off by Octavia.

"No. Moms right, you should go."

"Octavia, I know I messed up but I want to be here for you guys." Kyle said.

"Well we don't need you. We've managed just fine without you all these years, we can carry on without you. Bellamy's right, it wasn't you who did all those things, it was him. He helped raise me, not you." Octavia yelled.

Clarke slipped away from the crowd, giving the family some space. She told Roan where she was going and slipped into the house in search of Bellamy. She knew where he'd be.

She knocked on the door of his old bedroom once before pushing the door open. Bellamy sat on his bed with his head in his hands.

"You okay?" Clarke asked softly.

Bellamy's head shot up.

"Yeah." He replied quickly. "I'm sorry you had to see that."

"It's fine. I understand." Clarke shrugged. She sat down on the bed beside him.

"You know you can talk to me right? Don't do what I did and hold it all in. Trust me, it doesn't end well." Clarke tried to joke. Her hand drifted to her scar without her realising.

Bellamy's eyes followed her hand. "Don't worry, I'm not going anywhere."

"Your mom told him to leave. Octavia agreed. I thought she was gonna punch him at one point." Clarke chuckled.

"That, I would love to see." Bellamy smiled.

It was silent for a moment. They knew they didn't have to say anything. Their presence was enough for both of them. After a few more minutes, Clarke spoke.

"You ready to go back to the party?"

"Yeah, I'll be down in a minute." Bellamy smiled. "Are you okay?"

Clarke nodded. "Yeah. You've taken all the attention off me and my disaster so that makes me feel better."

"Yeah, and I've managed to cause another one." Bellamy smirked.

"Hey." Clarke nudged his arm, causing him to look at her. "You don't have to do this alone."

Bellamy smiled at her. He wasn't sure what he'd done to deserve a friend like Clarke, but he was truly thankful for her. So thankful that he'd pushed away all his deeper feelings for her just so they could maintain their friendship. But now, looking at Clarke, those feelings were becoming harder to ignore. He'd fallen deep for his best friend. But what hurt more than not telling her, was knowing that she already knew but didn't feel the same anymore.

Bellamy Blake was in love with his best friend, and it was killing him.