The morning rise

It were the first sunrays sneaking through the window that made Alice slowly open her eyes. At first she was a bit confused where she was and why she wasn't laying in her bed, but than she recognized where she was laying and on whom. She carefully sat up so that she wouldn't wake him. He looked so peaceful and happy while sleeping there on her couch. She couldn't resist to just look at him for some long moments. He really was the only person she ever truly loved. And she was so much in love with him at this moment...more than she would ever believe herself! She kissed him on the forehead and slowly tried to stand up without arousing him. But the moment she wanted to walk away FP opened his eyes. He was very sleepy, yet his eyes quickly found hers. He had a big smile on his face and Alice smiled back to him.

FP: "Morning, Al. Did you sleep well?"

Alice: "I did. You are as comfortable as you were when we were younger."

She blushed while saying this. It was so unfamiliar to talk to him like this, but at the same time it felt so natural.

Alice: "I am going to make some breakfast if you want. As an excuse that I kind of bonding you here...it wasn't my intention...

FP: "You don't need to excuse for anything, Alice. You asked me to stay and I agreed, because I really care about you and don't wanted you to stay alone if you are feeling so lonely and unconfident when no one else is here. And I think it was really cute when you felt asleep on my chest. It was a bit like in old times."

Alice blushed again. This man was really driving her crazy! She started feeling very uncertain standing there right in front of the couch.

Alice: "Is it okay if I go upstairs and get ready for the day before Betty comes back to get her things for school? You can stay if you want, I'll make you some breakfast in a few minutes than."

FP: "It's okay, Ali. I'll stay right here for you to come back."

So Alice went upstairs to take shower, while FP decided to not just sit there and wait for her. He wanted to something for her. So he went to the kitchen to see what kind of small surprise breakfast he could create for her. The cupboard and the fridge were full with a lot of groceries, yet in the end she decided to bake her the chocolate-chip pancakes she loved as a teenager. He mixed the paste and put some extra chocolate-chips inside.

As Alice came out of the bathroom she heard that FP was in the kitchen, but she decided to first dress up, before going downstairs. Maybe he was just a bit thirsty and wanted to drink something. So she went to her room and searched for something FP would like on her. She had to go to the back of her closet to find something that the real Alice Smith would wear. She found a grey skinny pair of jeans and a green blouse he loved back in the days. She got a bit nostalgic while putting it on. This was her real self! Not the role she played over twenty-five years. She put a bit make up on and the dark pink lipstick. She made soft curls in her hair and then went back downstairs. When she got to the stairs she smelled the sweet smell of chocolate-chip pancakes. Her favorites. So he wasn't just thirsty when she heard him in the kitchen... He made breakfast for her.

As she walked into the living room she saw that he also had placed the two dishes and a bouquet of small flowers on the table. She couldn't believe what he had done for her and she didn't understood which reason he could have to do all this just for her. She should have done this, since he stayed with her and was so there for her not the other way around.

He didn't noticed her standing bottom of the stairs and watching everything he created in this short amount of time.

Alice: "FP?...What have I done to deserve all this?!"

FP: "Nothing. I just like to see you happy! So I thought I use the time you're getting ready meaningful and make you your favorite breakfast of when we were younger."

She just smiled at him and he couldn't either stop looking into her ocean-blue eyes, where he lost himself for a moment to long.

FP: "By the way, did I mention that you look gorgeous in those jeans?"

Alice: "No, you didn't. But thanks, Jonesy."

He smiled hearing her using his old nickname again. He always liked it.

Something had changed this night between them. None of them knew exactly what this would mean fro them, yet they knew that they both felt very comfortable with the situation. It was new, but it felt really good.

So they sat down on the table to enjoy the small amount of time they would have left alone, before the kids would walk in. They weren't able to really concentrate on the delicious pancakes FP made. They had more eyes for each other than for anything else. They eye-locked and nearly forgot everything around them. Up to the moment when Alice eyes noticed the time on the clock in the kitchen. She was quite shocked how much time has passed.

Alice: "FP...you should go now! Betty will be here in about 15 minutes and I really don't want her to know that you stayed here with me. I don't want to risk what we have!"

FP: "Wait...what do we have, Ali? We didn't even talked about it yet."

Alice: " I as well don't know what exactly this is...but I definitely don't want it to end anytime soon! And if I am honest I really don't want you to go right know."

While saying this Alice stood up and walked around the table to FP. He stood up as well and they were closer than they had been for years. They looked into each other's eyes and the tension between them was building up more and more. Which leaded to Alice putting her arms around his neck whilst their faces were getting closer and closer, till their lips finally locked for the first time after twenty-five years. Their kiss was soft, yet passionated. This is what they both were craving for.