The announcement

The early sunrays were sneaking through the curtains when Alice woke up the next morning in FPs arms. Did the last night really happened? Did FP really proposed to her? She couldn't believe it really happened, but the ring on her finger was all evidence she needed. She smiled at the ring. She was really engaged to FP Jones. The love of her life. The only person she ever truly loved with everything she had. She couldn't live without him. She tried to slowly turn around without waking him. She wanted to watch him sleeping. She loved to see him peacefully sleeping. Luckyly it worked and he was still sleeping when she faced him. He looked like an innocent angel. He was and angel, but last night he definitely wasn't acting innocent. She smiled again thinking of what happened after she said yes.

She placed a small kiss on his lips, which made him slowly wake up. He smiled at her when he kissed her back.

FP: "Good morning, soon to be Jones."

Alice: "Morning, soon to be my handsome husband."

She gave him another kiss before she slowly got out of the bed.

Fp: "Don't leave me! I want to cuddle some more..."

Alice: "Come with me. I want to see the sunrise."

Alice and FP put their bathrobes on and went outside. It was still a bit cold and cloudy. They walked to the cliff. The place of their first kiss and set down on the bench. Alice cuddled into FPs arms and laid her head down on his shoulder while staring at the horizon. It felt not just like the beginning of a new day, it felt like the beginning of their new life. Their new life together.

After spending another day and another night at the lodge they sat on the couch in the living room. They packed everything to go home. The place that soon will not only be FPs home for time. The decided that now that they are engaged it would be strange if they would still live in different places. So FP would move in with her in the next few weeks. They won't let the trailer completely behind, but Alice place would be their home now.

This weekend was a good test for both of them to see if it would work for both of them to live together. And they were more than sure now it would work perfectly. Before they never spend more than one day together, but now they would have a lot more time together. She could make him breakfast that they could eat together in bed before cuddling a bit more on the weekend. They could do so much when they finally would live together. They could be a real family. Also for Betty and Jugehead. FP smiled of the thought to be a real family with Alice. A real family based on true love.

Alice: "What do you smile at?"

FP: "I just thought of us finally being a family. How it should have been since 25 years. We needed longer than I expected, but finally we can be a happy family."

Alice leaned in and gave FP a long and passionate kiss. She didn't deserve a man like FP, who cared more about her happiness than himself. Who always comforted her, when her thought went back to the horrible last years she had spent without him. She always had missed him. His smile, his dark brown eyes she lost herself in so often, his huge hands touching her cheek before pulling her close into a kiss and then wandering to her neck and all the way down her body. But mostly just laying in his arms and being hugged by him day and night.

FP: "I think we should go now. We shouldn't be to late home to make the big announcement."

Alice: "Yeah, you're right!"

They kissed again until they stood up. Alice took the keys for the truck from the table and FP picked up their bags. They walked outside and looked back to the lodge. This would forever be a special place for them. FP throw the bags on the back of the truck and then opened the passengers door for Alice like a gentleman. She got inside and FP got to the drivers seat. FP started the engine and they started heading home.

FP was nervous and he could feel Alice was too. It was a big step for both of them. They weren't together for that long now and then telling their kids that they are engaged and wanted to move in together could be a surprise for them, also if they knew how much they loved each other. FP laid his hand on Alice knee and Alice grabbed it with both hands. She was much more nervous than he was. She was scared her whole world could break into pieces. She knew that FP loved her and that the kids accepted their relationship, but would they be okay with them getting married? It would make them step siblings. For her it would be okay if they were still dating, because it never was any different, but she wasn't sure how they would feel about it. She also had another plan she didn't even told FP about...It would make their family even more complete. But she didn't wanted to tell anyone about this crazy idea she created in her head just yet.

After some time they arrived in front of their home. Alice had messaged Jughead and Betty before that they wanted to talk to them about something important so that both of them would be home when they arrive.

FP parked the car in the driveway and took a deep breath. Now he also was more nervous. He turned to Alice, who was facing him with fearful eyes.

FP: "Hey, honey! Everything is gonna be alright! You know I love you and this is everything you need to know. The kids will be okay. They also accepted us as a couple why should they now be against us moving in together or against our engagement? I think they will be as happy as we are. And now we should just go inside! The longer we wait the more fear you can built up in your beautiful head."

FP took Alice hands in his and looked deep into her eyes. He knew this could calm her down a bit. He gave her a shot kiss, before he got out of the car. Alice followed and the went to the house hand in hand.

When Alice opened the door she could hear Jughead and Betty in the living room. They both turned their heads when they heard the door. After FP had put the bags beside the door they walked right to the living room. They stood in front of Betty and Jughead still holding hands.

Betty: "So what is the reason you two wanted us both to be here?

Alice: "So...."

FP: "What Alice is trying to tell you is that we are engaged now and I'll move in here."

FP hold Alice hand up to show them the ring. One could see the surprise in their eyes, but it turned into big joy after a few seconds. Betty jumped up from the couch and ran into her mothers arms.

Betty: "Oh my god, Mum! I am so happy for you! I knew someday he would ask you to marry him!"

FP: "And I waited long enough!"

Jughead also stood up from the couch and walked to his dead.

Jughead: "Congratulations, dad! I am really happy for both of you! You both deserve to be happy together."

Alice: "I am glad you both support this. I was really scared. I knew you both accept our relationship, but I didn't thought you would also support a marriage."

Betty: "Do you already have a date? And V, Cheryl, Toni and I want to be bridesmaids! We discussed it on our sleepover."

FP: "Hey slow down, Betty! We are just engaged since two days. And we aren't in a rush, bc we know that we will be together forever now."

FP looked to Alice with heart eyes.

Alice: "I love you, Jonesy!"

FP: "I love you too, Al!"

Betty: "You two are really cute! You two can go upstairs I'll make lunch for all of us!"

Alice: "Thanks, Betts."

Alice pulled FP with her upstairs. She wanted to make plans how to redecorate their bedroom.