Obstacles on the way to happiness

Here you go. This is one of the last chapters of this fanfic. I just have to end it at some point and with what I have planned for the three last chapters I think it's a good way to end it.

***

Three days. Three days until FP would finally marry his Alice. The woman he had laid eyes on for the first time more than 25 years ago. The love of his life. He couldn't live without her anymore. She was his life.

Sometimes he was just sitting on the couch wondering how he could've lived without her for the last more than two decades. The circumstances that brought them back together weren't perfect, yet made them only get closer and love and appreciate what they had even more. Their family was the most important thing in their lifes and he couldn't wait to promise his life to the woman he loved and at the same time also to the family they had formed together.

The only person that would be missing on this special day would be Charles, their son. Alice had to give him up for adoption when she was seventeen. She had only told him about their son about a month before they had found out that Hal was the blackhood. He was devasted when she told him, but wanted to be strong for her.

For her it was far worse. Sure he was hurt that she had never told him, yet he could understand her reasons. He apparently had died about seven years ago when he got out of the Sisters Of Quiet Mercy. According to Chic he had overdosed on fizzle rocks.

He wished he could've met his son. He imagined him looking like a male version of Alice. Blonde hair, piercing blue eyes, a smile that could melt the world. He would never be able to see that. Neither would Alice or their kids.

It was early Thursday morning and today they would have to finish the last preparations for the wedding. Everything else would be done by Fred and Hermoine. They were their man and maid of honor. FP carefully entangled himself from Alice arms around him and slipped out of their bed. He went downstairs to prepare Alice favorite breakfast and make some coffee. She had been working a lot with Hermoine so everything would be perfect.

Even going back to her Southside roots didn't change her wish of a perfect wedding. She had had this dream of marrying him for so long that she idealized it in her head so now it had to be even better than in her dreams. Therefore she had pulled Hermoine through the town for weeks. Their wedding would be a small family wedding with just their closest friends and family.

A few minutes later a tired Alice came down the stairs.

Alice: "I smelled pancakes."

She approached him and snaked her arms around his middle. She placed a few sloppy kissed to his neck. He turned around in her arms and smiled down at her placing a soft kiss on the top of her head.

FP: "Morning beautiful. Are you hungry?"

Alice: "Always. I got this from you after we got back together remember?"

She placed a few more soft kisses to his neck before he caught her lips in a proper kiss. She placed her hands behind his neck to keep him close to her. His hands landed on her hips and slowly moved down to her ass. She moaned softly when he took a hold of it to then lift her up on the counter. He moved into the V of her legs to get closer to her never loosing the touch of her lips. She softly bit his lower lip to get him open his mouth so she could deepen the kiss. He did so and their tongues were dancing together. They enjoyed the time they had before everyone else would wake up. FP hated to stand up early, but for her he would even stand up in the middle of the night. They were completely lost in each other.

Betty: "Good morning you two."

Betty smiled at them. She was used to see her mom and FP making out everywhere in the house by now and she just loved how happy they were together. She never saw her mom or FP that happy before. She was nearly as excited as them to see them both marrying each other. FP and Alice slowly moved away from each other. They were more than happy that in the end all their kids had accepted their reconciliation. No one would be able to break them apart ever again.

After they had finished breakfast Alice went to the store to get some grocerys for dinner, while FP was making the dishes and was cleaning the house a bit. When two hours later Alice was still not back from the store FP started to worry. What could take her so long? The store was only 15 minutes away and even if she would've wanted to buy everything from the store she should be back by now.

FP went to the living room to get his phone. He tried calling Alice but she didn't answer. He left a message that she should call him when she gets it. An hour later he tried again. He left another message before texting the kids if they had heard anything from their mother. They didn't. At this point it had been 4 hours since Alice had left for the store. That didn't made any sense.

One after another FP started calling all of their friends. Neither Hermoine & Fred nor Tom & Sierra had heard from her, but Tom promised to question other officers if they had heard something. He even did call Penelope and Hal, which was ridiculous, yet he was desperate. He didn't know what to do anymore.

About another hour later Betty and Jughead came home from school thinking Alice would be back and everything would be okay. But she wasn't there. They only found a distraught FP sitting on the couch in the living room staring at his phone hoping it would go off and it would be Alice letting him know she was okay. They sat down next to him, one on each side.

Jughead: "Did you hear anything from Alice?"

FP: "No...she hasn't called. She left five hours ago to go shop some grocerys for dinner, yet she never came back home. No one has heard or seen anything of her since then. I am getting worried. She wouldn't stay away that long without telling me or one of you where she went."

Betty: "Maybe she just went to get a surprise for you for the wedding?"

FP: "Than Hermoine would know something, but she doesn't. No one knows anything... It's like she just disappeared from earth without a clue. I will call Tom again. He has to get some guys so we can go look for her. And you two will stay here and watch the phone. If anyone calls, scream for me."

FP left the room to call Tom. The second he came back into the room the phone went off. Betty reached for it and handed it right to FP.

FP: "Alice??? Is that you?? Are you okay??"

The kids watched as his face changed. They could see that something was completely off. When he ended the call he just stared into the air. He couldn't believe what just happened.

Jughead: "Dad? Is everything okay? Who was it?"

FP: "I don't know who it was...All I know is that they have Alice. And they want two Million dollar or she won't make it to the wedding."

Betty: "Wait?! Someone kidnapped mom? Why? How? Who? We have to find her! Who would do this to her?"

Jughead: "I only know one person, who would do this and would be capable to do it."

Betty: "Do you really think Hiram would do that? Why? And why does he want money? He has enough of it."

FP: "Remember when Alice exposed him in the Register a few months ago. He lost a lot of money because of that and since his divorce from Hermoine he hates everyone who could have probably be a part of what leaded to it. It has to be him."

Betty: "So he wants to ruin your happiness, since Mom was probable talking to Hermoine about divorcing him? That is ridiculous, but would make sense..."

Jughead: "But how do we get her back before the wedding?"

FP: "I have no idea."