The surprise

Two month later Alice found a small envelope on the pillow on the side of the bed where FP slept the night. He had to stand up early in the morning because he agreed with Pop to take the earliest shift to accept the supplys today in exchange to not having to work the rest of the weekend. He hadn't had a free weekend for a long time now. And he wanted to spend the whole weekend with Alice, the love of his life. Their relationship was going very well! They both were happier than ever and enjoyed spending as much time together as possible! Yeah, they had some little fights, but the conciliation sex after it made him feel like they never have had any fights. He was excited to meet Alice after work, since he planned a little surprise for her.

Alice took the small envelope and opened it. In it was a small piece of paper and a key. She opened the paper and read.

Dear Alice,

you know it's my first free weekend

since a long time and I thought maybe

we could make this even more special

than just spending it together at home.

I'll pick you up at 4pm at your house.

Please pack a bag with something to change.

I love you!

FP

Alice had no idea what FP could have planned, but she was excited to spend the whole weekend with him. It was a blessing that she won't have to go to work today. She finished everything yesterday. So she had a lot of time till FP would pick her up. And a lot of time to think about where FP would take her.

But first she should get up and eat something for breakfast. It was already 9 am and she was really hungry. So she went downstairs and made herself a coffee and some scrambled eggs. She sat down at the table and read FPs note again. She couldn't found any hint. What could he planned? And why didn't he just talked to her? And what about the small key? This made even less sense than the letter. Which lock would this key open? Maybe it was the symbolic key to his heart...this would be very romantic! And FP always was a true romantic! Not many people knew it, but he was the most romantic man she knew! Like the guys you see in movies, sometimes even more! This made her even more excited! She loved when FP was romantic for her... he always prepared something very special for her that sometimes even made her cry.

She was so stuck in her thoughts that she didn't recognized how much time passed. The next time she took a look on the clock it was 12 am and Betty just walked through the front door.

Betty: "Hey, Mom. How was your morning? Wait...why are you still wearing your pijamas? Is everything okay?"

This finally made Alice startle out of her thoughts. She was really still wearing her pijama.

Alice: "Oh, no, Betty! Everything is okay. I just lost myself a bit in a daydream. A long day dream..."

Betty: "I will just make me some sandwiches and then go upstairs to make my homework."

Alice: "Okay, honey... Wait a second! I will be away for the weekend. I don't know where exactly, but FP invited me. So you'll have to take care of yourself for the weekend."

Betty: "It's okay, mum. Can I maybe invite V, Cheryl and Toni over for a sleepover? We didn't had girls time for a long time now..."

Alice: "Sure, Betty! But please clean everything again before I come back."