Old friendships

Two days later Hermoine had called the whole town in for the first town hall meeting she would be leading. Hermoine was quite nervous. She wasn't sure how the town would accept her. Yes, they voted for her, but there was also a huge mass of people who don't wanted her to be major, because they didn't trust her. It would be hard work to gain the trust of the town, since Hiram wanted to build a prison on the southside, which wasn't what many people wanted their town to be known for. Especially Alice behavior could be interesting. Alice always had a sharp tougue. And she loved to write news breaking articles in the register.

So Hermoine was really surprised when Alice was the first person walking into the town hall with an honest smile on her face. Hermoine knew her since high school and she could read on Alice face when she was planning something, but this time the only thing she could read on her face was happiness and maybe a bit excitement. What happened to Alice after her husband was arrested for being the black hood that about one week after she could look so happy? Was she really happy or just high on fumes of something? Than Hermoine noticed that Alice was heading right to her. What could she want from her?

Hermoine: "Alice! I am surprised! What are you doing here so early?"

Alice: "I wanted to talk to you. You know I wasn't very nice the last months since you and Hiram moved back to Riverdale, but I thought about it. And even if I don't like what Hiram is planning for the southside, I thought maybe we, you and I, could try to be friends again. I am sorry for everything I said that could have heard you. I want my best friend from high school back! Please Hermoine..."

Hermoine couldn't believe what she just heard. Maybe Alice was really high. Because Alice apologizing was something that never happened to her before! Alice was much to proud for this! She normally never said that she made a mistake!

Hermoine: "Alice? Is everything okay with you? I never heard you apologizing to anyone!"

Alice: "For sure, Hermoine. Everything is okay!"

Hermoine: "If you say so. And yeah Alice, I really would like to renew our old friendship! I missed you!"

Hermoine pulled Alice into a huge hug. She really missed her.

Hermoine: "What about pops after the end of the meeting? We could drink some milkshakes to our renewed friendship, like in old days."

Alice: "I'd love to. See you later Hermoine. I'll go search a seat for me an Betty, before it gets to full."

***

An half hour later Hermoine went on the stage.

Hermoine: "I would like to thank you all for coming today. First I would like to thank you all for your trust and that you give me the possibility to be a good major for you."

Catcalls were starting from the part of the townhall where the serpents were sitting.

Hermoine: "Please be quiet. So I can go on. I know you don't like what happened to southside high and that a prison will be built at the place the school once was, but this is no reason to judge over me before I even really started working."

FP: "You are right, Hermoine. But then it would be important to know for all of us what exactly your plans are. Will your husband also one day will built new homes for the workers where today there is Sunny Side Trailerpark? Or can you give us the guarantee that this place will stay like it is now?"

Alice: "I have to agree with FP, Hermoine. We nearly know nothing about your own plans. We just know that he'll built that prison, but this is all we know and that isn't much! What are you planning to do?"