Breakfast

*Two days later*

Alice stood up early in the morning to make breakfast. Today would be the first time that FP and Jughead would both join them for breakfast and she was kinda nervous. She was afraid that it all could be much to weird and that she wouldn't be able to handle the whole situation. She knew that this first breakfast with all four of them was important. If it wouldn't work out everything in the future could get very complicated. So she made everything you could think of for breakfast. She made FPs favorite pancakes and placed some marple sirup besides them. She made two different sorts of bread and bought different thinks to put on the bread. She had placed two variations of cereals on the table with a pot of milk. Alice was about to make coffee, when Betty came down the stairs.

Betty: "Mom?...When the hell did you make all this? Did you even slept?"

Alice wasn't really listening to her. She was absorbed in her thoughts and fears. She just wanted everything to be perfect. But all the time she had the feeling she missed something...

Betty stepped closer to her and took her by her shoulders to look her in the eyes.

Betty: "Mom! Everything is gonna be alright! You prepared everything and it smells delicious! So maybe you should now go upstairs to get yourself ready. Juggy and FP will soon be here."

This was what she missed! She stood up in the middle of the night to get everything ready, but she completely had forgot about herself! She didn't even had a shower... She went upstairs as fast as she could, jumped under the shower and then went to her room. There must be something she could wear. Not the perfect Alice. The real one. But it don't wanted to be overdressed. Normally she wouldn't care...but now she couldn't think of anything that would be good enough for her today. Everything she put on was just not her. She was desperate! She didn't saw FP since he left the morning before and she wanted to look good for him!

Alice: "Betty! Can you please come upstairs and help me with something?"

Alice heard footsteps on the stairs. She really hoped that Betty could help her.

"How can I help you, Ali baby?"

Alice turned around. It wasn't Betty who was standing there in the door case. One could see how surprised Alice was to see FP standing there. She didn't even noticed before that that Jughead and FP had arrived. Suddenly she remembered that she was just wearing her underwear, because she wasn't able to find anything to wear. Yes, he saw her before like this and even without these small bits of clothing, but this time she wasn't prepared for this. She wanted to look good for him WITH cloth...not without. So she was standing there in her underwear quite shocked just staring at him like a fool.

FP: "You know I like you wearing just this, but wouldn't it be better if you would wear a bit more for the first breakfast together with our kids?"

FP went right to her and started tickling her. She started giggling and trying to stop him, but he don't wanted to so she had only one chance to stop him. So he just kissed him by surprise. And he kissed her back. He stopped the kiss for shot amount of time...

FP: "You know what I would like to do now, don't you?"

He smirked before he kissed her again.

Alice: "You know...I wanted to be ready before you and Jughead arrive, but I couldn't find something to dress. I wanted to look good for you."

FP: "Ali!...You always look incredibly beautiful! No matter what you wear! And you know I love you even when you wear a big sweater and sweatpants!"

Alice looked at him with heart-eyes! She really loved FP! And she never stopped since high school! He accepted her just the way she was and wouldn't change anything about her! Hal always wanted her to pretend that they were the perfect family with a perfect life and perfect daughters when they were not. She always hated him to demand this from her. But FP was the complete opposite! He just wanted her to be happy! And she really was happy with him! He was the reason why she woke up with a smile in the morning, since they are back together. For the first time since high school Alice felt real happiness!

Alice: "Would you mind to go downstairs and tell Betty and Jughead that I'm gonna be downstairs in a minute? Now I really would like to dress myself!"

FP gave her a short kiss, before he left.

*******

Five minutes later Alice came down the stairs. FPs eyes widened the moment he saw her! She had put on tight dark grey jeans, a red snake blouse and she was wearing her serpent jacket.

Jughead: "You look good, Mrs. Cooper!"

Alice: "Smith, please! But thank you, Jughead!"

FP: "You look awesome, honey!"

FP gave her a short, yet soft and loving kiss, before they all sat down on the breakfast table.

Alice: "So what have you two been doing lately? There are only a few weeks left before the summer break."

Jughead: "Betty and I have been working a lot for the 'The Blue & Gold' lately. We have to prepare the last paper before summer. It's exhausting, but at the same time a lot of fun!"

Alice: "Didn't you also were writing a novel, Jughead?"

FP: "Yeah, right. What is about your novel? You didn't talked about it for some time now!"

Jughead: "I kind of make a break of writing it. I was much to busy doing stuff..."

Betty blushed. She knew that Jughead did not mean just the newspaper...sometime she was that stuff... She hoped that Alice and FP did not understood what Jughead really meant. But when she looked to them she could clearly saw that they understood everything and were about to laught.

FP: "Sorry, Jug. But did you really said that?!? This is my metaphor. Did you actually thought we both would not understand this?"

After he finished his sentence he and Alice both started laughing. And they couldn't stop it! Normally they wouldn't like their kids to talk about this, but their faces were just so hilarious!!!

Betty: "Okay, mum! It's enough now! Can you please give me the darkes bread and the strawberry jam? I am really hungry."

Alice: "For sure, Betty!"

She handed both to Betty.

Alice: "And what would you like for breakfast, Jonesy?"

She smiled at him. Without noticing the faces their kids were making.

Jughead: "Jonesy? Dad? Is that your nickname? This is even more amusing, than anything I could thought of. So the serpent king is called 'Jonesy', by his queen... Maybe one day I could use this information..."

FP: Woe, little boy! You know in the end I have the power! You know there are special photos I maybe would like to show your friends at the Whyte Whyrm..."

Jughead: "Okay, dad. You won! I won't tell them your cute nickname!"

FP: "And now I would like to have some of these good-looking pancakes with some extra marple sirup."

The rest of the breakfast went really well. They had good conversations, laught a lot and after breakfast FP took Alice out for a small Sunday walk. They enjoyed there couple time, before FP walked her home.