Clearing the air

Betty drove straight to Juggys favorite place at cliff with the view over the town and the forest, hoping she will find him there. She knew that he maybe was hurt, because he now realized that his family would never be back together as he always wished. But she had to talk to him now. She knew that his father was really important for her mom and that she really needed him after everything that happen. Like she needed Jughead. And he would have to accept that! There is no way out. She would not risk that Juggy would try anything to destroy the relationship of Alice and FP, because she don't wanted to risk her moms happiness. She deserved to be happy! And if FP was the right person to make her happy she would support that!

Luckily Betty found Jughead right where she thought he would be. He was leaning on his motorcycle looking to the distance. She could see that he was completely absorbed in his thoughts. So she stopped the truck a few meters away and got out of the car. She slowly walked to him.

Betty: "Jug? Is everything okay? I've been looking for you. I know you know about the thing between our parents."

Hearing her voice made him startle out of his thoughts. He turned around and Betty could see that he had been crying. She went right to him and pulled him into a warm embrace.

Betty: "Juggy...what is wrong?"

Jughead: "You know what happened! Our parents are destroying our lifes! First my family and in the end they will destroy our relationship!..."

Betty: "Jug! I know you are hurt that your parents will probably never be together again, but you really have to calm down! Our parents don't want to destroy anything! They just want to be happy themselves! And we should support that! Both of us! You know through how much both of them were lately. And I really want to see my mom happy again! And FP seems to be the person who can make her happy!"

Jughead took a step back from her.

Jughead: "Are you serious Betty? Don't you see that they are a risk for our relationship?! It would be so awkward! And in the end we would be the ones who break up...and I really don't want to lose you!..."

Jugheads voice got a lot softer while saying this.

Betty: "You will not lose me! I love you, Jug! And you know that! And we can be together also if our parents are dating! Nothing will change between us."

Jughead: "You know that we share a brother? Doesn't this mean we are related in some part?"

Betty: "Yeah, I know that Charles was the son of my mum and your dad. But even if he still was alive, we wouldn't be blood-related! We don't share a parent and so nothing would change. And since he is dead there is even less connection. Only that our parents are dating and I am really okay with it!"

Jughead: "Maybe you are right...maybe nothing has to change between us...I am sorry I was so mad to you. I didn't meant it like this! You know I always wanted my family back together one day and seeing your mom and my dad together made me realise that it probably will never happen. And this really hurts! In fact I don't have anything against your mom, you know! And maybe she will be really good for my father and he will be for her! And we both know you can't do anything against love! It'll always be stronger!"

With this word Jughead took Bettys face into his hands and gave her a passionate kiss.

Betty: "Maybe we should go home now! It's late and I am tired! Maybe it would be good if we talk to our parents tomorrow to let them know, that now we both are okay with it. Good night, Juggy."

Jughead: "Good night, Betty Cooper!"

Both got back on the street to drive home:

*****

At the same time at the Smith house.

Alice: "I hope Betty finds Jughead! He seemed so upset with the whole situation!"

FP: "I am sure she will find him. You know them. And Jughead will accept you in the end. Us in fact."

FP gave Alice a meaningful look and leaned in to kiss her. It was a sweet kiss, but FP wanted more.

Alice: "Forsythe Pendelton Jones II! Behave yourself! You know I want you too, but neither is this the right place nor the right time. I think to be caught by our kids once a day making out is enough!"

She slowly pushed him up again to sit up herself. She was nervous. She didn't knew what would happen if Jughead would not accept their relationship. Would FP stay by her side anyway or would he end their short relationship to not upset his son. Was she so important to him that he would risk his strong connection with Jughead to be happy himself and finally be together with her.

FP: "Alice? What is going on in your beautiful head? What are you thinking?"

Alice: "I am scared what would happen if Jughead would not accept our relationship. Would you leave me than?"

Her eyes started filling with tears. This was her biggest fear at the moment, beside Hal escaping from jail and trying to kill her again. She didn't knew what she would do without FP. She needed him more than anything. She felt so lost and lonely before all this happened. And she never wanted to feel like this again. She wanted to stay with FP up to the day they both would die!

FP saw the tears in her eyes and wiped one away that escaped from her eyes.

FP: "Hey, Ali...everything is gonna be okay! I won't leave you to the day I die. I couldn't! You are my soulmate and you know that! I can't live without you! And I don't want to live without you again one day in my life. Because you are my life! And you always were! It's been 25 years up to this moment when we are back together. All the time inbetween without you were full of pain! Yeah I kind of started a new life with another woman and two kids, but I never was as happy as I was with you again. I never truly loved again after you left me and now that we are back together it is the one thing I will protect on any costs! I love you, Ali!"

He could see the relief in her eyes. This was what she needed to hear in this moment!

A second later Betty walked right into the room.

Alice: "Betty! You're back! Did you found Jughead? Did you talked to him?"

Betty: "Yes, I found him. And he is okay! I talked to him. In fact he doesn't has against you two being together. He was just upset that the relationship of you two killed his last hopes that his family could someday just live together again. He will need some time to completely accept the whole situation, but he is happy that you two are happy together!"

FP: "Thank you so much, Betty. It is a huge easement that Jughead will accept us! Thanks that you talked to him."

Alice: "Would you mind inviting him over for breakfast the day after tomorrow? Maybe we should slowly start to get over the awkwardness by just trying to all be together... Is it okay for you if FP would stay here tonight?"

Betty: "Yes, sure! I'll invite him. I think it'll work better than we could imagine now. No problem. But please be quiet. I really want to sleep now."

With this word Betty went upstairs to finally go to bed.

FP: "So you want me to stay here?"

Alice: "Yes! You know I always like to have you around me ,baby! But we really should go to bed now too. It's late and both of us have to work tomorrow."

The went upstairs and got ready for bed. The clock said 2.21 am when Alice and FP finally felt asleep in each other's arms!