Snowstorm

It was already getting warmer outside and the spring was near and so did their upcoming wedding. They both were excited to finally get married and promise their lifes to each other like it always should have been. It was a stressful time, but they both knew it would be worth it. The life with their big family was going well. Jughead and Betty were doing great in school and just recently received a price for their great investigative work for the Blue&Gold, while Polly was accepted for her dream college and was already planning everything for her move to Michigan. And than there was Dagwood and Juniper. The twins were now nearly two years old and were waddling around the house the whole day. FP and Alice loved to see them growing up. They loved them like they were their own. It was like they were living their dream after all these years of separation. They were together again, their kids were happy with the situation. Life couldn't be better.

It was early Saturday and Betty and Jughead went with Dagwood and Juniper to Veronica. They wanted to show their parents how easy it was to handle them. Only about half an hour Hermoine had called FP and Alice and told them laughing how much they were struggling, but that they would be okay. She wanted to bring the kids home later that day.

FP and Alice were curled up on the couch in the living room savouring the quiet moment they had just for them selves.

FP: "What are you thinking about, Al?"

Alice: "Just how much I missed spending time with you alone. Without the kids being around. Just laying on the couch cuddled into you. Just you being there holding me tight while the world is running outside of the house. Our world just standing still."

FP: "What do you think about making a late breakfast? Pancakes with strawberrys and ice cream. On top of it some chocolate sauce and for both of us a coffee? How does this sound to you?"

Alice snuggled even more into him and pecked a kiss on his lips.

Alice: "Sounds amazing, hun."

They slowly got up from the couch. FP taking Alice hand and intertwining their fingers and walking together with her into the kitchen. He let go of her hand started collecting everything they needed. FP started making the batter and put the pan on the stove. Alice walked up behind him and snaked his arms around his waist leaning against his back.

Alice: "I love you so much!"

FP: "I love you too!"

Alice didn't let go of him, while he finished the food. He placed it on two dishes and walked to the dining room table. Alice was still clinging on to him not wanting to let go. He placed his hands over hers after he had put the dishes down.

FP: "Everything okay, baby? You are holding me like I was life support."

He chuckled softly.

Alice: "Yeah...I just missed you a lot and don't want to miss any second with you now that we are alone."

He turned around in her embrace and pulled her even closer and spoke to her with his deep voice that she loved.

FP: "And I don't want to miss a second with you, but now I am really hungry. So is it possible that you will let go of me for a bit so we can both eat something?"

Alice: "Okay..."

She let go of him, yet instead of sitting down on the chair beside him she sat down on his lap. He chuckled at her move. Sometimes she was like a child and he loved this about her. She only showed this side with him especially when she was in a bad mood, but at some days she just woke up like that and wanted to cuddle with him all day. And he just couldn't say no to her. He loved her so much and still felt like they had to make up on the years they had missed, because of his behavior in High School. He still felt guilty for it and the fact that Alice had forgiven him hadn't changed anything for, yet he could live with it.