Adoption day

The next few weeks went by without anything special happening. They were renovating the room they planned for Dagwood and Juniper and Betty decorated everything. Alice and FP were talking to the department of youth and family services to organize everything for the adoption. FP would adopted both of them later when they are married so for starters only Alice would be there official mother.

Alice couldn't sleep the night before Dagwood and Juniper would finally move in with them. She was way too nervous. She stood up and went downstairs. She had started watching Twin Peaks a few days ago and was obsessed with the series. She really wanted to find out who the murderer of Laura Palmer was. Maybe it was James or someone completely different she didn't even thought about. She really liked to try to solve the case. Sometimes Betty joined her. They both loved reading or watching murder mysterys.

After watching three episodes Alice looked on the clock. It was 4am. Still six hours left until they would be able to take Dagwood and Juniper home with them. She decided to go back upstairs to make another try to sleep at least a few hours. She went into the bedroom trying not to wake up FP and got into the bed where she curled up facing FP. She softly went through his hair with her fingers which made him open his eyes. He wasn't really sleeping. He was as nervous as Alice was.

Alice: "I am sorry, honey. I didn't wanted to wake you up."

FP: "It's okay. You didn't wake me up. I wasn't sleeping. I just pretended to maybe fall asleep some time, but it didn't worked."

FP gave Alice a sweet kiss smiling in the kiss.

FP: "Everything will be fine later when we have Dagwood and Juniper here with us at home."

He pulled her in his arms to comfort her. The cuddled for some time before Alice turned her back to him so FP spooned her laying his arms around her. A few minutes later both of them felt asleep like this.

It was 8 o'clock when FPs alarm started to tell them they had to get up to pick the babies up in two hours. Alice turned around in FPs arms and gave him a kiss.

Alice: "Good morning, babe. Time to get our babies."

Alice was now more excited than nervous. She really wanted to nurse the two babies together with FP. It was all she ever dreamt of to see kids growing up that she raised together with FP, the love of her life. She got out of bed and made herself ready as fast as she could while FP was still laying in bed watching her in awe. She was so happy. He loved seeing her like this.

Alice: "Why are you still in bed, honey?"

FP: "Because we still have more than an hour left until we have to pick the twins up. So there is no need to hurry. But I love to watch you being so excited. You are really cute when you act like this."

Alice got back to the bed and leaned over it to give FP another kiss.

Alice: "And now stand up handsome. I will make breakfast for us and you will wake Jughead and Betty."

FP: "Always at your service, queen Alice."

He stood up to fall on his knees to take a bow in front of her.

Alice: "You are crazy, Jonesy."

She pulled him up at his chin to kiss him before walking away.

FP: "Hey...Don't leave me like this!"

***

One hour later everyone was dressed and had finished breakfast.