Another love

A few weeks before the thanksgiving dinner.

Hemoine was sitting at the dining table at the Prembroke with a glass of wine in her hand. She had just found out about the new plans of Hiram. It had took her longer than she thought. She was more than upset that Hiram had formed an alliance with Penny, Penelope, Claudius, Sherriff Mineta, Malachai and the ghoulies to take over Riverdale. She knew that his final plan was to take over Riverdale, but an alliance with all of them?! Wasn't it enough that he had hired Penny and the ghoulies to kill Jughead to demoralize the serpents so they would go into the war with Penny and the ghoulies?

It seemed like Hiram would do anything...

The last weeks Hiram had changed. His plan wasn't working like he wanted and so he got really frustrated. And instead of doing more sports to calm down he started to let his anger out on Hermoine. First only his words got harsher...until that one night where he started to slap her. Hermoine pushed up her blouse to look at the bruises Hiram left when last night he grabbed her and throw her on the ground. It hurted her to see this. She really did love Hiram once and these were the signs that he didn't loved her anymore the way he should.

Since the first night also Hermoines feelings had changed. Sure at some part she still loved him, but it changed to fear. Fear of her husband. Fear that he could also hurt Veronica when she wasn't available, even more since Veronica tricked him to own Pops so he couldn't get the whole Southside. She just wanted to get away. And today would be the day she would tell him that she wanted a divorce.

Hiram opened the door to the apartment. He had a really bad day. They again weren't able to take a step forward in the plan. When Hermoine saw him she stood up from the table. She wanted to look confident. She went to him to give him kiss on the cheek like always.

Hermoine: "We need to talk! May you sit down?"

Hiram: "Hermoine! I had a really bad day! I am really not in the mood to talk!"

He got angrier with every word.

Hermoine: "If you don't want to talk just listen to me! I am done! With everything! I want a divorce!"

Hiram came nearer again and grabbed Hermoine at her wrists to throw her on the ground.

Hiram: "You know you are nothing without me? NOTHING!!! So you really want a divorce? Sure! You can have one, but I won't give you any money! And if you mean this for honest than I give you an hour now to pack your stuff and go! I will be back in an hour and when I see you or Veronica here after I am back, she will be the next on the ground."

Hermoine was quite shocked by his words. He would hurt his own daughter?! This was something she never thought of him also after everything that happened the last weeks. She panicked and after Hiram had left the Prembroke she immediately called Veronica.

Hermoine: "Honey, you have to come home. You need to help me to pack my things. I am divorcing your father and he gave me one hour to move out. I am scared Veronica. Please hurry."

Veronica: "Wait?! Mom?! What happened? What's going on? I will be there as fast as I can. I am still at Archies. I will ask him if we can borrow his dads truck."

Hermoine: "Just hurry, mija! I am scared he comes back!..."

Hermoine ended the call and started to get her things together. It wasn't much that really belonged to her beside her cloths and some jewelry.

Fifteen minutes later she heard a car violently barking in front of the Prembroke and then some doors were slammed before she heard feet running up the stairs. The first one who entered the apartment was Veronica, who came to her and hugged her. She was followed by Archie and Fred. After the hug Veronica went straight to her room to pack the important things herself and Archie went with her to help. So Fred and Hermoine were alone in the room. Fred went to her.