1.1 Who's Your New Friend?

Lily groaned as she was shaken awake. She blinked her eyes open to a blinding light and felt the scorching heat around her. "What the hell?" her voice came out as a dry whisper and she realized how thirsty she was.

"Lily, get up," she looked up at the person helping her up.

"Dick, where are we?"

She looked around to see nothing but sand.

"Bialya, don't ask how. I'm missing the last six months of memories, and I'm guessing it's the same for you."

"What month is it?" She almost didn't want to know the answer.

"September."

Wow, six months with no memories.

She was about to speak again, but the sound of tanks filled the air and Robin pulled her behind a rock.

"Have you contacted the League?" she whispered as the tanks rolled by them, stirring up sand and creating a dusty fog that sat in the air.

"The only thing I remember is Batman ordering radio silence."

"Well, that's just perfect."

He pulled up a GPS marking on his wristwatch holocomputer and they began travelling to the spot. The sun beat down on them and Lily swore that it was going to kill her before they made it, despite Robin saying it wouldn't take that long.

"Wish I could remember why I put a GPS marker here," Robin muttered when they finally made it. She didn't reply instead she let him think out loud.

They noticed over a small sand dune was a big piece of machinery and ducked down.

"I'm going to guess that's the reason."

The two ran over to the machine but as soon as they reached it, Bialyan soldiers jumped out from beneath the sand where they were hiding.

You have got to be kidding.

Robin dropped a smoke bomb and the two started fighting the soldiers while their sight was impaired. One of the soldiers said something in a language Lily didn't know, but she assumed whatever they were saying wasn't good considering the number of guns they were pointing at them.

A blur of grey flew through the group of soldiers and a second later the guns were gone from their hands.

"I'll hold that, thanks."

Now that was a voice she recognized. In front of her stood Kid Flash wearing a grey version of his costume. This whole situation made more sense to her; the three of them were known for getting in trouble together.

"Perfect timing; what's with the grey?"

Wally only shrugged in response and turned around to knock a soldier out. Shadow pulled out an arrow from her quiver but froze when all the soldiers suddenly lifted off the ground and were flung away. Whipping her head around, Shadow saw a girl with green skin and ginger hair floating in midair. Must be Martian.

Up on the sand dune stood another girl with long blonde hair in a ponytail and wore a green suit.

Ok, what is going on?

"KF! Man, it's good to see a familiar face," Robin said to Wally once the soldiers were finished with.

"Hey Rob, memory loss?"

"Six months. Let's hogtie these creeps and compare notes."

"Who's your new friend?" Shadow asked Wally, referring to the blonde girl that stood next to him.