Chapter Two: Skyscrapers

The moment he got home, Peter threw his backpack in the corner of his room, slammed the door shut, and flopped onto his bed.

He felt like crying, but he had no tears to shed. Instead, he laid there, numb and angry. Thoughts ran through his head. Why couldn't I have been born a boy? Why was I born like this? Why did Flash of all people have to find out?

After an hour or so, Peter finally got the will to get up. He walked to the bathroom and stared at himself in the mirror. Who am I kidding? I'll never be a real man.

Peter took out his bottle filled with testosterone and a new needle, cleaned it, and filled it with the liquid injection. He sat there for a while, then finally let his anger build the false courage to inject his thigh. Usually May helped him with this.

After he was done, he cleaned the needle and put it back in the case, disposing it in the trash. He was putting his pants back on when it hit him. Being Spider-Man always helped him feel less dysphoric and depressed. It made him feel needed and useful.

   He pulled out the suit Mr. Stark had given back to him and quickly pulled it on without looking in the mirror.

   Peter had told May to leave him alone when she offered to make dinner, and she was now sleeping

Peter had told May to leave him alone when she offered to make dinner, and she was now sleeping. It was 11:00 on a school night, and he was NOT ready to go back to school.

   Luckily, spring break was coming up after tomorrow. He was suspended until after spring break anyways, so he didn't need to wake up early.

Peter climbed out his bedroom window, slid it nearly shut, and climbed to the roof.

The breeze was cool and the air was crisp. He sat there and breathed it all in for a few minutes.

Peter swung around a few buildings and eventually came up to one of his favorite skyscrapers.

Looking down at the cars below, he felt a bit relaxed. The sounds of the city at night soothed him. He let his mind drift.

He thought about life. He thought about May; how much he loved her, how grateful he was for her.

   He wondered what MJ and Ned would say about Peter being outed. Would they deny it? Or would they say, "yeah he's trans, so suck it?" Well, Ned would probably be the former and MJ the latter. Still, he was thankful for them.

Flash flickered across his mind. All the public teasing, all the words he'd whispered in Peter's ear.

And now he was dumb enough to get in a fight? In a locker room where there's no cameras to prove he was defending himself? How could he be so stupid?

(TW: slurs in below paragraph)

The punch hurt, but Flash's words hurt more. Dyke. Tranny. Girl. Bitch. Penis Parker.