Chapter Fourteen: The Brother and Boyfriend: Bucky Barnes

Knock, knock, knock.

   Peter looked around groggily. "Hm?" He mumbled to no one in particular.

   "Can I come in?" Steve asked, next to the doorway.

   Even though they were sharing the living room, Steve and Bucky had left about ten minutes ago after changing to let Peter have a chance.

   Only those two and Clint had woken up at the crack of dawn naturally. They had changed before anyone else had even woken up.

   Crap, I forgot I was supposed to be changing.

   "One sec." Peter dumped out the contents of his backpack and pulled on a pair of boxer briefs and jeans. He struggled into his binder and threw on a science t-shirt. "Okay. You can come in now."

Steve turned and walked into the living room. "Forgot my-," Steve's eyes widened a bit. "Is that-," Steve swallowed. "Is that for uh... fonduing?"

"What?" Fonduing? Peter turned his head to where Steve was looking.

   Peter's packer was sitting on the couch with his other clothes. "Shit."

Steve didn't even bother to say "language."

Peter immediately tried to fwip it away with webs, but he soon realized he didn't have his wrist shooters on.

Peter fake grinned and tried to shove it into his backpack. He was too clumsy, and the packer fell to the floor with the weirdest smack sound he'd ever heard.

Peter's face grew beet red and he made a mad grab for it, throwing it into his bag. Thank god Clint's kids hadn't seen that. "Please do NOT tell May!"

"Should I be concerned?" Steve asked quietly.

"No! I mean-," Peter lowered his voice. "No, don't be. That's just um... my packer."

"What?"

"It's like a-," fake dick. "It's a trans thing, you wouldn't understand. It's not for s-e-x," Peter said, checking that Cooper and Lila weren't in earshot.

"Oh. Um, okay." Steve grabbed his cell phone from the fold out couch. "Clint said to feed the chickens with Thor, by the way. He's busy with breakfast."

"Okay," Peter said, hurrying past Steve, too embarrassed to look at him.
———————————————————
Peter sprinted out the door and ran down the dirt path for a while, eventually heading back up towards the chicken coop.

   He slowed when he saw Tony and Steve chopping wood.

Steve was way ahead, yet he was still keeping pace with Tony. He was obviously holding back.