Chapter Eight: May at the Mansion

Without Flash, the school week went by pretty fast. Peter had said goodbye to his friends and got into the car with May. He already had clothes at the mansion, so he brought his backpack full of homework, without any clothes.

   "How much longer?" Peter asked.

   "Peter, you just got in the car not too long ago," May replied.

   "I know, but-,"

   "It's okay. We're almost there."

   "Yay."
———————————————————
   May pulled up to the mansion. "This is it." She and Peter got out of the car. "You know, one day you'll be driving yourself here."

   "Yeah, I can't wait. Happy probably can't wait, too."

   May laughed lightly. "I couldn't wait to drive either. Now let's go, I want to meet the rest of them."

   "That's such a Mom move, Aunt May." Peter laughed.

   "Whaaaat? I just want to know who else is here, that's all." She said innocently.

   Peter knocked on the door. He still felt it was too soon to use his entrance key card.

   "Oh hi, Peter." Wanda opened the door wider. "Have we met yet?" She asked May.

   "I don't believe so. I'm May, Peter's aunt."

   "I've heard a lot about you. I'm Wanda, by the way. Would you like some coffee or something? Cookies, perhaps?"

   "I'd love that."
——————————————————
   May sat down at the large dining table. Peter took a seat next to her.

   "This table is huge." May stared at the vast horizon of table.

   "Well, there are a lot of Avengers," Peter pointed out.

   "You'd be surprised how much room some of the boys take up." Wanda rolled her eyes.

   "I can only imagine. Is Natasha the only other female here?"

   "Yes, sadly. Unless you count Maria, but she's always on base with Director Fury. Pepper visits sometimes, but usually only for professional business with Tony. Clint's wife, Laura, visits with the kids on rare occasion, and that's about it. It's so nice to have you over." 

   May smiled.

   "Are his kids my age?" Peter asked hopefully.

   "No. Much younger. The closest kid to your age I know is Shuri, T'Challa's sister. She reminds me of you."

   "Really? How?"

   "Loud, talkative, tech savvy, funny. Oh, and she's obsessed with those memes." Wanda said "memes" wrong, her accent butchering it even more.

   "Memes, Wanda." Vision hovered into the room, book in hand. He looked human today.

   "Whatever, same thing. You don't even know how to click on links. Don't pretend you know the internet."

   "Darling, I am the internet." Vision looked up from his book at Wanda. He smiled smugly.

   "Literally," Wanda mumbled. Vision shook his head, still smiling, and sat down on the couch.

"That's a cool picture, Peter." May was looking at one of the fridges. It was a photo taken by Peter as Spider-Man in front of the civil war battle.

"Thanks," Peter said.