Chapter Twenty-Two: War is Among Us

***Thank you guys SO much for getting this to 11k reads and 550 votes!!! Also, I couldn't even think of a clever title name for this chapter. Tbh, I think this and ch. 23 were two of my favorites to write (besides the Christmas one, of course). Hope you guys like them!***
———————————————————
*Time skip. Peter is healed from all surgeries. Still on T. Infinity War is right around the corner.*
———————————————————
Peter looked around the meeting room. It felt like there was a heavy blanket suffocating everyone.

He barely recognized anyone anymore. The avengers had changed so much, especially mentally, since when he had first met them. They even looked different.

Natasha had dyed her hair blonde, and even Tony's hair was changed. It looked like he had added a bit of sandy blonde dye, but his hair still grayed at the sides. Steve had completely grown out his hair and beard.

When Natasha had pointed out that Team Cap were still technically fugitives, even Wanda decided to change. She was practicing getting rid of her obvious and unique accent.

Peter was sure he looked different as well, but he wasn't sure how he felt about all this.

   "Okay

"Okay... I've gathered you here today to finally have a meeting about what's coming. I'm sure we are all aware that something big might happen... and soon," Steve began.

"No shit," Clint interrupted, walking in late with bags under his eyes and a cup of coffee in hand.

   "You're late again," Maria complained

   "I know... I know." Clint sat down, crossing his arms.

"Listen, I don't know if I want to be a part of all this," Scott admitted. "I'm helping Hank Pym with a few things. Plus, I have a daughter, guys. I can't go back to jail again. Clint and I are lucky we got away with house arrest for joining that stupid civil war of yours."

"Listen, Pipsqueak. If we don't have all the help we can get, there won't be a jail for you to go to," Tony snapped.

"Calm down, Tony. I want out, too," Clint said.