0.2

lukes pov

michael came up beside me, and he sighed. "want me to carry something? anything? please say you've got something, or else my dad will be pissed, saying i put all the work on you," he whispered, looking back at his father. i handed him the bread basket, smiling.

"don't drop the bread. whatever you do, do not drop it," i said. michael nodded and carefully made his way over to the table, setting the bread down. to my surprise, he came back to help with the pasta, even though he must've known i could carry it by myself. he gave me a stern look, which gave me the impression he was insisting me to let him carry the pot of pasta. i handed it to him, because you know, i'm nice.

mom was talking to mr. clifford about some work project. "so andrew, how's the project so far?" mr. clifford wiped his mouth and cleared his throat.

i took my seat again, and as i scooted my chair up, my leg grazed michael's. i felt my heart speed up, but michael didn't seem to notice and just kept eating. and by eating, i mean stuffing his face full of pasta. some sauce got on his lip and it made me want to be a nice little person and wipe it off. whoa i need to calm down. i barely know this kid.

just as i was about to put a forkful of pasta into my mouth, mr. clifford asked me,"so luke, do you go to school with michael?"

i put my fork down and shrugged. "im not sure. i've never seen him. maybe i'm just not in a class with him." but i wish i was in a class with him. no luke. stop.

michael spoke up now. "i've seen you around the halls. you're always looking down. it's weird." great, he thinks i'm weird. good job luke. i decided to shut up now.

michael's pov

this luke kid. he was pretty damn attractive. i looked up at him as he continued eating. i'd seen him in school, but didn't get the guts to talk to him. from what other people told me about him, he was pretty nerdy. obsessed with outer space or some shit. still, he was hot. sorry dad, i'm gay.

i finished eating my food and stood up to take my plate to the sink at the same time luke did. we sort of bumped into each other. he stuttered,"uh, s-sorry," before letting me walk past him. i carefully placed the plate in the sink, waiting for luke to get over here.

"sorry for bumping into you," i told him when he came up beside me. he didn't answer. i brushed it off and made my way back to the table. luke put his plate into the sink and opened the fridge.

"luke, don't get the cake out yet, andrew isn't finished yet," his mom said. luke slowly closed the fridge and stood in the kitchen, looking really uncomfortable. i was going to say something to him but my father spoke sooner.

"why don't you boys go hang out son? you know, play video games or something?"

luke's eyes widened and he started shaking his head. "mr. clifford, i really don't think-"

oh no you don't you little shit. "come on luke. i don't bite," i smirked. luke sighed and we both walked out of the kitchen and up the stairs to his room. his room was very neat and organized, but on his bed were tons of papers and a pretty decent sized book.

"sorry about the um, the mess, i don't really have people in my room a lot," he stammered a bit, like he was embarrassed. it was cute. very cute.

only one problem.

we were both alone. in his room.

"so, i guess we have to, get to know each other," i sat on his bed, patiently waiting for him to say something.