0.6

yay update ok so i officially hate my life and myself but im taking time to write this for you guys bc i love you all so enjoy THIS IS THE STUDYING SCENE I JUST AH HEHE MAY OR MAY NOT BE EYE SEX IDK

-----------------------

michael's pov

i pulled out my textbook for science. hopefully lucas gets this shit. luke sat on his bed, across from me, and pulled his own textbook out too. he bit his lip as he flipped to the page i was on. yeah not a good time to get a boner clifford.

"so, what do you need help on?" he asked. his eyes found mine and i lost all ability to speak. so cliche but it's true. he waited for an answer.

"oh, uh, gravity. it's confusing me. i can see how you find it but it's having to incorporate it into the other problems that's confusing," i tried to explain. luke read over the pages. his tongue skimmed over his bottom lip. he needs to quit.

"i think you get the concept but you're confusing the second part of the entire situation with something else," he said. he looked up, catching my gaze on him. i think i smiled because he started blushing. yeah i smiled. and he blushed. his cheeks got all rosy and he looked back at the book. "do you uh, need help on anything else? or is this it? we aren't done but i need to know if like, you're failing math or-"

"just this stuff. but, i can stay for a while longer if you wanna hang out," i offered. his eyes shot back up to mine. my heart sped up, as if it was trying to break through my rib cage. hold it together clifford. luke grabbed a pen, jotting down something.

"here. solve this," he handed me an equation. my eyebrows scrunched confusion.

"i- i don't get it," i sighed. luke patted my knee, sending a jolt of energy through me. i glanced up, meeting his gaze. his eyes held mine for a minute, and i just admired him. he was so, innocent. his face wasn't quite out of that little preteen faze, making him look more babyish. finally, he blinked, and looked down.

"you'll catch on soon mikey," he said, then his eyes got wide. "i mean- michael. i didn't mean to call you mikey." i wanted to cry. it was so adorable.

"it's okay luke," i chuckled. "nicknames are cute, plus no ones called me mikey before," i added with a smile. luke looked relieved and then he flopped back onto his pillows.

"it's been a long day," he sighed. i closed my textbook, slowly laying down beside him. "i really hate my creative writing teacher because she graded my essay on the use of drugs in schools and gave me a B- saying it lacked enthusiasm. it's a freaking essay about drugs! does she expect it to be cheerful??" he was out of breath now, practically steaming from the ears.

"dude, be happy you're smart enough to take that class. most of the people i know would just fail in the first week," i said. "myself included." this caused him to get up, yank a piece of paper from his binder, write something, hand it to me, and sit back down.

i read what he had written.

'write about disasters. BE CREATIVE MIKEY :)'

i spent the next twenty minutes thinking. yes i actually thought. shocker i know. after twenty minutes, i had one word written down. "lemme see!" luke whined as i got ready to leave.

"no it's stupid, ill let you read it some other time okay?" luke pouted. "i gotta get home luke."

he nodded. "yeah yeah sorry for keeping you," he mumbled.

"hey, ill sit with you again at lunch okay? promise," i watched as he gave a small, but real smile. then, i left.

when i was alone in my room later that night, i stared at what i had written on the paper. one word.

'you'