2.1

i listened to miserable at best by mayday parade while writing this entire chapter idk man i hope you are ready to cry

--------------------------------------

michael's pov

i was sitting on my bed, waiting for the phone to ring. my heart was pounding, my hands were sweating. my dad was beside me, and he had a hand on my shoulder. "are you sure you're prepared to hear no?" he asked. i nodded.

"that means i can stay. here. with luke," i said. we waited. i took breath after breath, knowing that this one call will change my life. then....

ring!!!!!!

my hand reached out for my phone, and i took a deep breath before answering. "hello?"

"is this michael clifford?" a man's voice said.

"yes. this is michael."

"ah, hello mr. clifford. i must inform you that upon receiving your demo, I was very pleased with the type of music you produce. yes, i'm aware you sent in covers of different artists. that's why i enjoyed it. it let me see what you are capable of singing. your voice is also very nice and i think you can do a lot with it," the man said. my heart was about to burst.

"thank you sir," i said.

"please, call me john. after all, you are going to be signed to my record deal. might as well know my name."

- a few hours later at luke's house -

"luke, michael's here!" mrs. hemmings yelled. a second later, the blonde boy was running down the stairs, smiling widely at me.

"hey," he said, his voice laced with happiness. i wanted to break down right then, in front of him. he was going to shatter when i told him.

"luke," i began. his smile faltered. "there's something i need to tell you."

"they said yes didn't they?" the hurt in his voice made my heart practically stop. i didn't speak. luke's mom yelled from the kitchen.

"you boys want something to eat?" she called. my mouth refused to form words. luke just stood there. "boys?" she walked into the room, a kitchen towel in her hands. "what's wrong?" her face changed as she realised what was going on.

"when do you leave?" luke's voice was shaking, and i knew he was holding back from crying. god, he better not cry.

"a week," my own voice was cracking and i saw more pain flash across luke's face. "maybe two but they said most likely a week."

the last thing luke said before storming to his room with oceans in his eyes was,"have fun."

i sat at the table, his mom rubbing my back as i silently cried. i was leaving him. it felt like i was being punched over and over in the chest every time i breathed. "michael, go to him. stay here tonight." her small smile gave me a bit of confidence.

as i made my way up the stairs to his room, i felt myself getting more and more nervous. when i slowly opened his door, i saw him sitting on his bed, and i swear i had never seen someone so beautiful in my entire life. he didn't even say a thing as i walked in, closing the door behind me. he gazed at me, his eyes a little red and i couldn't stop thinking he looked

so

beautiful.

"luke," i began to say but got cut off when he got up, walked over to me, and wrapped his arms around me. he sniffled, gripping me so tight, and i did the same.

"i love you, i love you so much," he said it over and over into my chest, making my eyes fill with tears again. it hurt me so much inside thinking of the things that were going to take place in a week. we stood like that, our arms wrapped around each other for god knows how long.

"you mean so much to me luke hemmings," i said, trying to talk through the salty tears staining my cheeks. the younger boy attempted to say something but he got choked up.

i slightly pushed myself away from him.

"how am i going to live without you?" i softly asked. he wiped his eyes.

"i'm so glad your dad happened to be my mom's boss." he smiled and i leaned in to press a soft kiss to the lips i had come to adore.

"i love you luke. nothing will change that."

----------------------------------------

i can't live with myself knowing i just wrote that im crying im so sorry ily all

4 chapters left :-(