2.4

jfc theres one more chapter left plus an epilogue :-(((( this book is so special to me i dont want it to end. enjoy this chapter and please dont cry.

btw i was listening to wrapped around your finger while i wrote this ( dont ask) and idk it doesnt really match the story but go ahead and listen to that iDK OK BYE
--------------------------------------------

michael's pov

my dad insisted on me packing my bags two days early. so, after tossing random items of clothing into a black duffle bag, i sighed and decided that what i had packed was good enough. dad was having a late night at his office, so i pondered on eating left over pasta, or ordering pizza.

i went with the pizza.

after paying the delivery man, i took my pizza into the living room, along with a can of coke. i plopped onto the couch, turning the tv on with the small remote. i didn't pay much attention to the show that was on, because at that moment, i really missed luke. we'd seen each other just yesterday, but yesterday felt like years. i knew he wouldn't want to see me. not now. not when i was so close to leaving.

then again, this is luke. he probably wanted to see me more than he would care to admit.

my mind wandered for a bit, until i was slowly drifting into a very happy dream where luke and i were both in america, together.

my phone went off at 1:34am, making me wake up with a jolt. it wasn't my dad, obviously, since he would be home by now. it sure as hell wasn't my mom.

luke.

i slid my finger across the screen to answer the call. his voice was low, and he sounded scared. or like he was crying. "michael?"

"luke? what's wrong? why do you sound like you're crying?" i was now sitting up on the couch, my mind and body entirely alert.

"because i am you dummy. i couldn't sleep, so i went for a walk and now i'm lost!"

of course. he was such a fucking idiot. but he was my idiot. "just describe your surroundings you idiot. i'm leaving my house right now," which wasn't a lie. i was slipping into the drivers seat of my dad's car as i spoke. as luke told me where he was, i let myself take in his voice. i caught onto every syllable, holding each word in my head, because in a few days, all i'll have is the memory of that voice, and i just wasn't ready to lose it.

he was shivering as he climbed into the car, arms wrapped around himself, teeth chattering. his eyes were wide and even in the night they looked bright. he'd stopped crying by now. i didn't drive off just as he got in. i let him sit, and allowed the warm air to soothe his most likely freezing hands. once he'd settled into the seat, i put the car in drive and began to drive him home.

somehow, his hands slid into mine, our fingers intertwined, both of us holding onto this moment.

this was going to be the last moment like this we would have.

the last moment that would be just us.

together.

i don't think either of us wanted to let go that night.

halfway back to his house, luke said,"michael, pull the car over." he was dead serious.

"why?" i asked, keeping my eyes on the road but my grip on his hand tight.

"just do it," he said firmly. so, i did. it was pitch black besides the light from the stereo, but i could see just fine. the minute the car was pulled over, i heard him unbuckle his seat belt, felt him reach over to unbuckle mine, and climb over the console to my lap. i didn't react at first until i felt lips against mine.

then i was kissing him and he was kissing me and we were just kissing but i wanted it to be so much more. i wanted to be at his house, in his bed, and i wanted to keep kissing him. i wanted to love him, god i wanted to just be with him for one night, all tangled in sheets and laughing and i just wanted to be with him tonight. and the night after that. and every other night and day and year after that.

my hands never left his face. they were settled on his cheeks, my thumbs stroking his skin. the kiss was gentle but so much passion went into it and i knew luke was putting forth every bit of love he had for me. i kissed back, pouring every ounce of myself into him.

when we finally parted, his lips were swollen, mine were too, but we didn't care. my lips captured his once more. "stay with me. please. i need you with me," he whispered. i nodded. he was breaking, i could feel it. i didn't know if he could feel it, but i was breaking too.

we both fell asleep in his bed, entirely clothed, our bodies pressed as close as they could be.

because that's all we wanted.

to be close.

just one more time.

------------------------------------------

idk if this is long but who fucking cares bc its sad af and im sorry [[[[[[ i cried writing it ]]]]]]

next chapter is when he leaves i dont think im ready to write it :-(

the sequel will be happy okok i promise you guys. no sad endings. no character deaths. no breakups. maybe a shit ton of drama but nO SAD ENDINGS !!

ily all im sorry you are prolly crying a lot rn