0.4

luke's pov

after michael left, my mom came up to say goodnight, seeing it was already past 9:00. "goodnight sweetie," she said, standing in my doorway. i looked up and smiled. "i'm glad you and michael had some time to get to know each other."

my cheeks went red. "mom, he's not even my friend. plus, all we did was play video games," i blushed, looking down at the floor. she laughed and shook her head.

"whatever you say honey," was all she said before shutting my door and heading to bed. i sighed, laying back on my own bed, staring at the ceiling. michael was a really cool guy. and he said he'd seen me around in school. is that code for 'come hang with me during lunch' or...?

pretty soon my eyes became heavy from sleep, and i allowed them to close.

just gonna skip to monday bc im lazy af (yeah it was the weekend idk don't question me)

i closed my textbook, seeing i was already finished with the assigned work. the teacher was out today, so the substitute was told to give us word problems in the back of the book. i heard a loud sigh erupt from the back of the class. as i turned to look, michael ran a hand through his hair. he was obviously struggling. he was only in my math class because his teacher sent him here for being too loud.

the substitute glanced at him then at me, giving one nod to allow me to go help him. i slid out of my seat and slowly walked to michael's desk.

"uh, want me to help you?"

his head shot up so quick i thought it would give him whiplash. but soon after he nodded greatly, telling me to sit in the empty desk beside him. "okay, i payed attention to the lesson but this one problem is getting on my nerves," he whispered.

"which one?" i leaned closer to get a better look at the paper. he pointed at question 6, which in fact was the easiest one of all.

"that one," he whispered, and i swear his voice was closer to my ear. i hoped my face wasn't red when i bluntly told him the answer and hurried back to my desk.

michael's pov (changing kinda quick i know go with it people)

luke hurried back to his seat, his face bright red, as if someone had just pinched his cheeks. i contemplated confronting him- wait that's the wrong word. i contemplated asking him during lunch if he wanted to hang out after school. but knowing him he was probably going to be busy doing the entire weeks worth of homework.

as lunch got closer and more classes went by, i was slowly siding with the part of my brain telling me to ask luke to hang out. when lunch hour finally came, i hurried to the cafeteria, as luke is always first to eat and first to leave. sure enough, he's there at his own little table. after getting my tray, which by the way consisted of pizza and fries along with ketchup and ranch, i did the nobel thing and plopped myself next to luke.

he choked on his soda when he looked up and say me. "um, don't die before i get to ask you my question," i laughed, patting his back.

"w-why are you sitting over here? it's gonna ruin how everyone thinks of you," he spoke in a soft voice, totally different than how he spoke to me at his house that night.

"well, first off because i need to ask you something. and two, i could care less what people think of me," i picked up a fry that was covered in ketchup and poked his face. he grabbed a napkin and wiped it off, laughing so quietly i had to strain to hear him. "you shouldn't care what people think of me either," i added.

luke picked at his food, not knowing how to react. "what did you want to ask me michael?" he said, not meeting my eyes. my heart sunk.

"if you wanted to hang out after school," i hoped he would agree or at least say he could try. i wanted to get to know him.

but instead

"i have homework and stuff. maybe some other time," was all i got.

---------------------------------

wowza that was sad

nicole aka lashtonvevo is my baby. my fucking cinnamon apple.

idk why almost 400 people are reading this it sucks lol

hope you have a lovely life whoever reads this ily

btw sorry for any typos in any chapters I don't have a laptop so I write on the mobile app and I don't go check for errors I'm sorry oops