2.3

luke's pov

he was leaving. he was leaving in three days. three fucking days. i hadn't been able to speak to him, or even concentrate in school. today my mom had invited michael over since it was her birthday and she wanted him to be there. i refused to come out of my room. i was actually still in sweatpants and a big t-shirt when he got here.

"luke!" my mom yelled. "get down here!"

i put my pillow over my head, trying to drown out her voice. then, i heard footsteps coming up and getting closer to my room.

no.

go away.

don't you do it.

the door to my room slowly opened and my mom stepped inside. she smiled; it was small but it was a smile. she sat on my bed, placing a hand on my leg. "luke," her voice was soft.

"mom, please. go away. tell him to go away. i can't see him, knowing he's leaving. i just-" my voice cracked. mom sighed.

"you need to see him before he leaves. you can't stay up here forever."

pretty soon i was making my way into the living room, where michael was sitting on the couch, drinking water and looking like a complete mess. his eyes weren't as bright as they used to be. they had bags under them.

it broke my heart to see him in such a sad state.

"luke..." he was up on his feet and wrapping his arms around me in 2.5 seconds. i gripped him tightly, holding in so many emotions. "oh luke, i love you so much, okay?" i just nodded, knowing that if i spoke, i would cry. my mom silently left the room, giving us the privacy we needed. after pulling away from each other, michael kissed me so gently i was sure i was going to melt. his lips were soft and they tasted like cherry.

"don't leave."

"i have to."

"take me with you."

his eyes lowered to the floor. we both were sitting on the couch, but i wished that i was back in my bed. the silence between us was killing me. it was ripping me apart. my heart felt like ten thousand needles were poking it at the same time.

pretty soon, we both gave up on talking. we knew it would get us no where. so we sat. in total silence. holding hands.

the night was coming to an end when we finally said something to each other again.

"i love you," i said, meaning those three little words more than ever. michael held me close to him, so close i could hear his heartbeat.

"i love you too, luke," he kissed my forehead once before saying goodbye and walking out of my front door.

----------------------------------------

short but it's a chapter. two chapters left plus the epilogue oh my :-((( this almost has 4,000 reads im so proud of how far this little book has come.

this will have a sad ending but the sequel will be happy don't worry :)