1.0

michael's pov

my heart was pounding. my palms were sweaty. 'it's okay michael, breathe dude' i told myself. it had been a week since i last visited luke, but my last visit was burned into my mind. etched there like someone branded it into my skull. well, today was the day.

today i was going to tell luke hemmings i'm gay.

yeah. big day. yay. yippie.

except i kept failing at actually speaking to him. i'd see him in the hall and get choked up. i needed to get myself together. but right there in the hallway, something happened. you see, there's this guy. real big guy, strong and pretty popular. he brushed past luke, knocking his books out of his hands. it was an accident. then this big bloke, whom i never saw being nice to anyone, bent down and helped luke.

and lemme tell you, i had never seen luke blush more profusely than that moment.

"watch it," is what the bloke said as he pushed past me, muttering under his breath.

i gave him a 'what the fuck' look and turned to find luke. very close to my face.

"what did he say? don't lie michael," luke didn't care that the bell had rung. he waited.

"he called me a slur okay luke? that's what he said," i tried to walk away but this lanky, 6ft tall blonde boy grabbed my arm and yanked me back. his eyes bore into mine, with more fierceness than my dad on a drunken rage. "let go."

"n-no," his voice cracked, and i could feel his grip loosen. "why did he say that to you? that's a rude and horrible-"

"he's right though. he's right," my eyes fell from luke's gaze, glancing at the clock on the hallway wall. i had already missed eight minutes of my history class. luke's grip was gone. his arms hung loosely at both sides of his body. "look, please move. i won't bother you again, trust me."

"w-why do you think it will bother me?" his voice was now small, soft, heartbreaking. "michael-"

i pushed myself past him.

i didn't look back.

i pretended not to hear luke start crying.

i didn't look back.

i acted like i couldn't hear luke start running after me.

i didn't look back.

i didn't acknowledge his hand grab my arm. "michael?" his voice.

i looked back.

and luke hemmings kissed me.

-----------------------------------------

finally they kissed omf

I hope you all love me for this bc I was gonna put the kiss on hold

SINCE THEY KISSED CAN SOMEONE COMMENT ON THIS CHAPTER?????? no? ok.