1.5

this story is about to take a huge turn hA HOPE YOU HAVE ICE CREAM AND TISSUE

i have had mAJOR dylan o'brien feels these past few days like it's bad. i love him vvvvvv much and he's my bby.

---------------------------

michael's pov

luke fell asleep with his pencil in his hand. he was laying on his stomach, textbook open. i was beside him, my fingers gently stroking through his soft hair. the beating of my heart and the sound of him breathing was enough to make me want to close my eyes and go to sleep too. but i knew i had to get home soon. my dad would worry.

i left a small kiss to the beautiful boy's forehead before slipping out of his room. i was about to grab the front door handle when i heard a cough from behind me. i turned around slowly, cringing when i saw mrs. hemmings standing with a cup of coffee.

"good evening michael," she said calmly. "is my son asleep?"

"uh, yeah. i was just leaving," i said.

"no, no. stay for a minute. i need to ask you something. here, sit," she motioned to the dinner table. hesitantly, i sat. she took a sip of her coffee. "michael, do you like luke?"

my throat closed.

"i- well- yes," the stuttering. why the stuttering. "i do. i like him." saying it out loud made so much more of a difference.

"he likes you, too. he doesn't shut up about how you giggle at random moments and how your hair tickles his neck," mrs. hemmings smiled. i felt my cheeks heat up, and i looked down. she placed her hand over mine on the table. "tell him. tell him how you feel. it'll be worth it i promise." she looked past me, behind me, and her eyes settled on something.

i knew what i'd see when i turned around. i'd see him.

"mom? michael?" his voice was laced with sleep. his hands rubbed his eyes every few seconds. i got another look of approval from his mother before standing and placing myself in front of luke.

(( I AM SO EMOTIONAL WRITING THIS OH MY GOD LIKE I HAD TO STOP FOR A SECOND OMF CARRY ON ))

he looked at me, confused and just a little sleepy. my eyes flickered between his eyes and lips. "luke," my voice was shaky. "i have to tell you something. it's pretty important. um, you see- well, i kinda-" i couldn't say it. my chest felt like it was about to burst.

"are you okay? don't cry mikey," the boy said. he seemed more awake now, more concerned.

cry? me? never.

okay i might've had tears in my eyes but i wasn't about to cry. not now.

"i kinda think i love you," i whispered, loud enough for only him to hear.

for a second, he just stood there. speechless. then, his lips met mine. he was smiling. i was smiling.

"i kinda think i love you, too."

-----------------------------------

i cried while writing this because it made me vvvvvv emotional.

i had to stop writing at some points to take a few minutes to breathe.

pRAYING FOR YOU GUYS BC THIS STORY IS FIXING TO GET VVV SAD HAHAHA LOLOLOL