Chapter 2

Chapter 2

🌹🌹🌹

I leaned back against the back counter of the front bar, letting out a tensed sigh. Bringing up my hand, I hooked my index finger onto my tie. Tugging on it, I loosened the black, silk material from around my neck, letting me breath easier. I didn't realize how tense I was until the nightclub had closed. Perhaps I was too busy working to notice the creepy feeling crawling up my back, mostly fueled by those two new faces. I didn't turn around much during my shift, but I could tell that they were staring at me while drinking their soju. My boss says I have some sort of sixth sense, able to feel when something is wrong or if someone is watching us. 'It's never wrong' they say. I doubted that I had a sixth sense, to me it just seemed like good karma or a coincidence. However, I didn't need my sixth senses to tell me that there was something up with those two men. I just couldn't tell what it was, but I had a feeling that I would see them again.

I loosened the first couple buttons of my dark red dress shirt, an obvious action of my exhaustion. The black gloves covering my hands were pulled off, revealing my slightly sweaty palms. The nightclub was open at six but I've been working since then, not taking my break. My friends urged me to take a break, I was tempted to but decided against it entirely. Those two men weren't bothering me much, thank goodness for that... They were just talking quietly. It wasn't anything too concerning; their tones were playful with each other, they were close, brothers almost. Besides that, I was also thinking about the court case. With how things played out, what happens next is essentially up to the family. We will offer our help to them, but we won't get involved unless they want us to.

I yanked the elastic keeping my hair up in a high ponytail free, letting my dark caramel coloured hair hang freely past my shoulders, barely reaching the small of my back. Lifting myself up, I sat down on the black marble counter, running my hands up and down my face, trying to snap myself out of a fatigued state.
"Dongsaeng," I heard a voice call.
"Hmm? Yes, Unnie...?" I mumbled, looking at her with drowsy eyes.

Sakurai Erika, the owner of Roses Off 7th, and our boss. However, Erika Unnie was more than just our employer; she was one of the oldest sisters, taking on a motherly role for us along with Eun-Lee. She took over the nightclub and leadership after an unfortunate accident... Erika was a strong leader, but that doesn't mean she hasn't had hard times in the past. She's human like us, Erika feels happiness, confusion, pain and anger. Our leader feels overwhelmed sometimes too, but we can help her with it even if it isn't always welcomed.
"Aigoo~" she cooed, ruffling my hair. "Our little girl is sleepy."
"Unnie, please stop babying me," I said, looking towards her with unamused eyes.
"Come on Sae-Young, don't be like that," she pouted, but couldn't retain the face for long. "You're our maknae, how can we not baby you?"
I sighed.
"You're twenty," she reminded me. "The youngest, enjoy it."

I hopped off the counter, feeling the marble tiles hit the soles of my ankle boots with an inch and a half of a heel. The clacking sound echoed through the now empty nightclub, bouncing off the crimson and black coloured walls.
"Has Meredith called?" I asked, unbuttoning my black vest.
"Yes, but she's caught up in some clean up after the court hearing. Meredith has requested that you deliver our notice directly to their house tomorrow, the residents won't be home, they will be with her."
"They live in Seoul don't they?" I asked.
"I've already gotten their address, you will just need to travel there by car. MaeLin will guide you from there."
I raised an eyebrow at the leader.
"Okay, I know your bike, Regalia, got wrecked a couple weeks ago, so I've asked Miles to let you borrow a car," she asked. "It will be here tomorrow morning, I'll let you off shift early to get ready and adjust to it."
"Okay Unnie, I got it," I nodded.

A ginger smile came upon her wine-hued lips (her favourite shade of lipstick). She wanted to help this family too, two birds with one stone in a sense. After some thorough digging by MaeLin, we discovered that they've been buying nightclubs at a rapid pace. It was most likely for distributing their drugs. Oddly, I got a feeling that our club was going to be bought soon, and it turned out that they were making crazy withdrawals from their bank accounts. The amount of money they got, was the value of our nightclub, nine hundred seventy-eight thousand dollars. With the renovations we made about a year ago, the value has gone up. We weren't going to let this place go, it held way too many memories to just say goodbye to. Erika wouldn't have that either, she promised to keep the bar under our names, and not hand it over to anyone else.