Chapter 20

Chapter 20: Bittersweet Kim
🌹🌹🌹

Namjoon's POV
Her hand still felt ice cold as I gently palmed it, her soft and smooth skin resting against mine. I couldn't stop the tears streaming down my cheeks, the sight of her being so damaged acting as a catalyst to my sadness. Three painful years, I've looked for her, every chance that I could, using all resources available to me. I refused to believe that my baby girl was dead, that my sweet baby sister, Sae-Young, was gone. The fact that investigators never found her body gave me a small flicker of hope that she was alive and out there. With that thought in mind, I searched and searched, even just for a small sign that she was still alive. It was heartbreaking when my searches turned up nothing every time I looked. Slowly, my hope dwindled and dwindled; had my enemies won? Had they killed the mafia princess?

No, they never did- I won.

The puzzle pieces fell into place, I'll be it very very slowly, they fell into place. That night, that holy night where Jin, Jungkook and myself were dealing with Mr. Yeong, a curious cat sauntered into the scene. We chased her down like she was prey; Jungkook tackled and injured her if I had just known who was running from us... No, I can't change the past, but I can change the future. She escaped from us, disappearing like the cloud of smoke she threw at us. The only thing left we had of the Cheshire Cat was her jacket; sewn into the inner surface of the article of clothing, laid a rose, a rose with warped and twisted black thorns wrapped around a striking green stem. Little did we think that little rose meant so much to me finding her.

I will admit, my anger for the Cheshire Cat was misdirected, in fact, it shouldn't have been manifested at all. The night after we called in the other gangs, BamBam's niece was left in his care. They went out for ice cream with Got7 after we finished the meeting. Hyorin wandered off and was abducted and almost raped. We didn't expect the Cheshire Cat to jump in and literally claw the drunk's nose off. Little Hyorin kept going on and on about the cat and her fluffy corgi- which we didn't expect to hear. It was hard to tell at that point whether or not the Cheshire Cat was a good or bad person. However, upon further investigation, we learned that a certain house was along the alley of where we encountered the rumour shrouded mystery. The Kang's house, the family ruined by Song Carmine, was located there. When that news story about the CEO's, attorney's and judge's death came to light, we made the connection.

Carmine couldn't be killed easily, it would take a team of professionals to get the job done. After much speculation, and well, arguing about the credibility of the Crimson Princess rumours, we needed to see what would happen next. Weeks of looking into the company and bloodline of Song Carmine, I'll be it, through a third party source, we were able to find out that the man had a brother. Long story short, we got hold of a deal going on in an abandoned warehouse just outside of Seoul, and wouldn't you know it, the Cheshire Cat, and all the other Crimson Princesses of Incheon were there, in the flesh dragging a sock-gagged drug dealer towards their inconspicuous van. We came prepared, hiding in the shadows of the forest surrounding the warehouse and waited to dart them with tranquillizers. After we sedated the cat, her friends began to put up one hell of a fight, but in the end, they fell.

When we learned about who they were, we couldn't believe the rumours were true. The Hunter, the Tech, the Matron, the Samurai, and the Cheshire Cat are all real. However, we misunderstood the situation, we needed confirmation, and Jimin went in without any orders. He had no control over himself, and he took it out on my sister. We had no choice but to drug him with sedatives to knock him out. Taehyung was horrified and hurt. He knew Sae-Young, he must have met her when we sent them to Roses Off 7th. He looked so upset and betrayed when we brought her upstairs. I didn't know what was going on in his head, but it didn't last long; he stayed in the infirmary, worried about her. I just wish he had told me he was talking to my sister. But how can I blame him? The only people who knew about Sae-Young were Hoseok and me. While I did tell the others I had a younger sibling, I never mentioned her name to them. That was a huge mistake.