Chapter 16

The drawing above is just me rendition of the infamous Incheon Princess, the Cheshire Cat! Hope you lovely people enjoy this chapter! (P.S. I drew this a while ago, back during the early chapters of BCP, so that jacket might look a little off 😓😓)

Chapter 16
🌹🌹🌹

I felt like an owl perched upon a beam in an old barn as I carefully observed the scene below my feet. My body weight was supported by a rusty warehouse beam, almost fifteen feet off of the ground. I wasn’t scared of falling at my own accord, only being picked out of the sky like a bird shot with a rifle. I was aware that the clothes covering my body were bulletproof, but it's just that thought that you can't help but worry about. Sweet was just a few beams away from me, watching and waiting in position as well. Since the two of us are more agile than the others, it would be easier for us to drop down and catch our targets off guard.

The way we set this up, we knew the man himself wouldn't do the drug deal. Just like all idiotic and cowardly drug lords, they would send a scapegoat to do their bidding. Most of the time, the poor scapegoat would just be an innocent looking for money for whatever reason. Other times, it would be someone directly in association with the business. Either way, we needed to use this to our advantage. MaeLin has a way of deducing whether or not someone is an innocent or a drug dealer, with Cardinal's sensors connected to a secret government database, we can identify them with ease. His sensors sit at each corner of the warehouse, creating a set scanning area. Cardinal will scan the area fifteen times a second, looking for any changes, be it natural or unnatural. He is aware of us, MaeLin programmed him to recognize the members of Crimson, as to not disrupt her identification of third parties.

Once the dealer arrives, and we get a background on him, we can either offer them protection if they're an innocent in exchange for what they know, or we can take them hostage, and let Caleb and Eden interrogate them when they get back from America. Either way, we needed information, anything really about what JaeSuk plans to do next concerning Sapphire Limited. We are aware that his long-term goal is a drug monopoly, but how he plans to get there is a concern. Would he crush every single gang and mafia that stand in their way? That's happened many times in the past, and we would not like to be part of that legacy. We're supposed to deal with this discreetly, the last thing we would want is Crimson coming to light through their deaths.

Heads up,” MaeLin alerted us from the second floor of the warehouse.
She was tucked away in a hidden room, monitoring our movements, as well as the activity outside.
I've got activity right outside the north entrance. Single caravan, five men.”
“Who are they with?” I asked, observing Erika and Eun-Lee move into position.
Definitely a right-hand man, four gunmen,” she answered. “They've got AK's, prepare to duck for cover if necessary.”

Swivelling my head towards the entrance in question, the five men emerged into the dimly lit building. The man clothed in business attire- the usually suit and tie with black leather shoes- carried a large briefcase, where I could assume the forty pounds of heroin were contained. The best way to draw out a drug lord is to act like your interested in his distribution, and eventually betray him in the end to finish the job.

My commtacts zoned in on the four men standing by him. AK-47s were strapped to their backs, meaning it would take at least a few seconds to get them into a comfortable position to shoot. Even if it was just a few seconds, that would be enough time for Sweet and myself to shoot them in the head. They were stupid to not wear any protection, like a bulletproof vest for instance. However, for a quick kill, a headshot would do it. Glancing over to Sweet, she nodded as she reached to grab her gun. Following her move, I drew my gun from my thigh holster, feeling the cool but firm shape of the handle in my palm. Swiftly flicking the safety off, I remained steady as I aimed at the man to the left.