Chapter 29

Chapter 29
🌹🌹🌹

Third Person POV
An air shaking roar exploded from Sae-Young's throat, fuelling her momentum while she charged towards the two men matching her speed. She swiftly drew her knives from her holsters with a metallic shing, holding the handles with firm grips. Her eyes were fixed on the targets in front of her. Her swing held no hesitation as she attempted to slash at the men's throats. However, they were just as fast- dodging her attacks and maneuvering out of the way of the razor sharp blades. They kept up with her quick movements, even managing to throw a punch to her cheek and a kick to her side. Her body launched backwards towards the floor, Sae-Young hitting the surface in a breathless gasp.

Sweet then jumped into the fight, covering the youngest as she tried to recover from the blows death. Erika soon followed, drawing her sword from the sheath hanging on her hip. Both women pushed Hex and Wraith back a few meters, engaging in a full on brawl. The female leader swung her sword towards Hex, where the blonde man cackled like a warlock before leaping out of the way. Erika grit her teeth, not caring if her lip was caught in the way- the metallic taste of her blood filling her mouth didn't force her step to falter. Sweet rolled out of the way of a barrage of bullets from Wrath, slipping behind a plaster pillar for cover. While in a crouched position, she drew her dual guns and locked and loaded.

The Cheshire Cat's jacket was suddenly grabbed from behind, and she was suddenly yanked into the console room. A high pitched yelp was ripped from her throat and was about to throw hands until she saw Taehyung looking down at her. He quickly helped her sit up, and cupped her cheeks, silently checking her face since she was punched. Sae-Young weakly grasped her side, feeling it burn despite the plating protecting her body. She struggled to steady her breathing, it felt like her lungs were yanked out of her chest. Kai and Yugyeom rushed over to the pair, asking her what is happening out there.

"Those two, the blond is Hex and Wraith, the one with the blackhead," she huffed, watching Sweet tackle Wraith onto the ground and begin punching his face. "They should be dead!"

The young woman's sudden outburst frightened the three men, but she quickly apologized. As she recovered, she spitefully recited a mission from their past. Only a year after Sae-Young joined Crimson, the girls went on a mission to Japan to track down a man involved with human trafficking. A certain family had a daughter who went missing, and the female gang offered their assistance. After a lengthy session of information hauling, it led them to Japan.

Long story short, the girls were successful in finding the daughter, as well as some others who were kidnapped by the same man, but it almost came with the cost of Sae-Young's life. Sae-Young was tasked with not letting the man escape and to hunt and kill him. She had managed to fatally wounded the guy, however, a third party who was signed with him interfered and sent Sae-Young to the hospital in life-threatening condition. The girls managed to find her in time, but she was sent into a coma for two weeks.

To say the least, Sae-Young would surely never forget the man who hurt her so badly- the man known as Wraith. It was a miracle that she didn't freeze upon seeing his face. However, the woman wasn't;t sure if she was able to fight him without having flashbacks of that day. That sadistic and sickly pleasured face was burned into her mind. Sweet however, promised her that she would handle him through the communication system, but Sae-Young honestly hoped that her fate wouldn't be the same as her's.

"Unnies killed them not too long after I fell into a coma," Sae-Young continued. "They all confirmed their deaths, and Hyungsik validated it too. Yet, here they are... Those two are a serious problem."

Kai bit his lip, hearing the anxiety and dread in Sae-Young's voice. He looked over his shoulder, watching MaeLin frantically type at the keyboard.
"Noona! How much longer?!" he exclaimed.
"Cardinal is at eighty-eight percent!" she replied. "I need at least ten more minutes!"

Sae-Young stood up to her feet grabbing for her guns that were still on her person. Her side and cheek still burned, but there was no doubt that it would bruise once this is over. However, that was the least of her problems right now- she needed to cover MaeLin while she finished up.
"We need to push them back," Sae-Young snarled. "Once MaeLin Unnie is done, we can get out of here."
"Are you sure you will be alright?" Taehyung asked, standing up to meet her eyes.
Sae-young nodded without hesitation, leading the three men into the fight.