Chapter 23

Chapter 23

🌹🌹🌹

Warmth engulfed my small body as I felt the sun rise up and over the horizon, the rays of light seeping through the curtains. It was morning now, the sky transitioning from midnight blue to shades of oranges, reds and yellows. Though my body and mind were slowly lifting out of a state of sleep, I was still exhausted, mentally and physically. Right now I just wanted to lay in bed forever and sleep until I had enough energy to run a marathon- right now it felt like I had just run a marathon. The bed I was lying in was so soft and fluffy, the fleece blankets kissing my bare legs exposed by the shorts I was wearing. I buried my face into the pillow my head was laying on.

Except, it wasn’t a pillow.

My eyes snapped open as the supposedly soft mass moved on its own accord, causing my body to tense up. The only thing that filled my vision was a constant colour of cream, the shade brushing past the tip of my nose. It took a few seconds for me to realize, but I was looking at a shirt, on a body. My face was centimetres away from a firm chest, where I could hear the steady beating of a heart with my ears. Not only that, but a hot gust of air brushed past the tip of my ear and forehead. Every time I felt it, chills shot up and down my spine. Out of confusion, I tried to sit up and see who it was but a strong pair of arms clung onto me and pulled me back down to the bed. The arms hooked tightly around my waist, where I could feel every individual muscle under their skin. My front pressed against the chest, allowing the arms to tighten around me.

A deep groan reached my ears as a soft cheek nuzzled against mine. The person laid their head on mine, keeping my head pinned against what felt like a bicep. A heavy leg then propped over mine, pulling them closer. A large hand then ran through my hair before returning to the small of my back. I squirmed in confusion, not discomfort mind you. I remembered going to bed with Namjoon and Taehyung, and eventually falling asleep after they both wrapped their arms around me. Namjoon doesn’t cling onto me like a koala when we share a bed, his arms around me were looser. Then it must be…

“T-Tae?” I squeaked as his lips drew closer to the lobe of my ear.
“Hmm?” He answered lazily.
It is Taehyung
“You’re so soft…” he mumbled incoherently, snuggling his face into the crook of my neck.
“Taehyung, wake up,” I said, poking his jaw with my finger.
“I dun wanna~” he whined, kicking his legs like a small child throwing a tantrum. “I wanna lay here with you forever…”

I shut my eyes tightly, feeling a burning blush across my face. My mind flashed back to that night when Jimin, Taehyung and Jin came to the nightclub. Taehyung really wanted to know my name, I remembered the look on his face as he asked if he could know- it was one of hope and cute curiosity. I also recalled when Jin and Jimin teased him for having feelings for me, and I darted out of there and into the kitchen from embarrassment. I didn’t know how to feel about it then, but now I think I was slowly gaining a sense of understanding. Taehyung does like me, it explains why he isn’t so keen on letting me go as we laid in bed. But the way he held me was gentle and warm like he was cradling a small puppy in his arms.

What do I feel for Taehyung? Do I like him? I mean, I feel safe in his arms and I trust that he isn’t going to hurt me. But there are two problems: my own feelings and Namjoon’s feelings. When we were younger, Namjoon was very closed off to when it came to me having a crush on someone. He always disapproved when I told him, saying things that I was too young for something like that. With the whole situation with the last crush I had years ago, I eventually stopped manifesting romantic feelings for anyone. It was never a priority for me because I had bigger things to worry about. But now, I can’t stop thinking about the man holding me so close to their heart, both physically and figuratively.

Tilting my head back, I looked up at Taehyung’s sleepy face. His eyes were still shut as he continued to let slow and steady breaths past his lips. He looked exhausted himself, he was probably watching over me earlier as everyone else was asleep. His blonde hair was tossed about, looking like a comb hasn’t touched the strands in days. My hand floated up to cup his cheek, the strong and sharp angle of his jaw resting against the heel of my palm. Taehyung’s cheek felt soft and smooth against my hand, my thumb grazing over his round cheekbone.

How could he be this beautiful? Taehyung looked like an angel as he slept, unaware of what was going on around him. His cheeks looked a little puffy, he must have eaten something late last night. His nose twitched momentarily like a rabbit before he slowly peeled his eyes open. A sparkle twinkled in his eyes as his lips curled into a box smile. He pushed his head forward, the tips of our noses touching.

“Good morning Sae-Young,” he greeted in a deep and raspy morning voice. “Did you sleep well?”

I was shocked at how deep his voice got, it felt like I was drowning in it. Taehyung then palmed my cheek in a similar fashion.

“Y-Yes, I did…” I eeped.
“Aigoo… so cute~” Taehyung chuckled.

I buried my face into my hands, trying to hide my embarrassment. He only laughed harder, hugging me tightly.

“Tae!” I whined, kicking my legs in turn.

After calming down, Taehyung pulled me onto his back, carrying me piggyback style. It was time for breakfast, judging from the smell of pancakes hovering through the air. I tried my best not to focus on his hands gripping my thighs as they latched around his waist, instead of looking towards meeting someone. He had told me that as soon as we got into the hallway, I was to be taken to someone else that I would know. Though I tried my best, the warmth, no, heat from his hands clung to my skin, my mind only focussing on his touch.

“Are you uncomfortable Sae-Young?” he asked, turning his head back to look at me.

Should I tell him that I could try to walk on my own, despite having lost most muscle in my legs after being unconscious for three weeks? No, he would have done it anyway. But why can’t I take my mind off of it?

“N-No, I’m okay…” I squeaked.

Nope, nope. I’m not okay, my heart is literally about to burst out of my chest.

I lost track of where we were in the mansion, and Taehyung stood in front of a door that was cracked open slightly.

“Hyung!” Taehyung called before peeking his head into the room.

“I DON’T HAVE A SHIRT ON!” a loud screech come from the room.

Taehyung recoiled back in horror, forcing us back into the hallway. His body shuddered against mine, he must be recalling horrors.

“Tae? Who was that?” I asked, resting my chin on his shoulder.

My question was suddenly answered when the door swung open further, a tuft of orange hair popping through the space. Black eyes darted towards Taehyung, a quick glare shot in his direction before the gaze softened when it came to me.

I'm so soft for this chapter, TaeYoung (courtesy of Mjaeyaa) is so cute my true OTP 😘😘 💜💜