Chapter 40

Chapter 40
🌹🌹🌹

Third Person’s POV
A young teenage girl slowly opened her eyes, her tired gaze greeted by a bright blue sky, the sun shining down on her with ever so warm rays of light. Gigantic, fluffy clouds resembling sugary cotton candy travelled freely across the sky, unhindered by the earth’s gravitational pull. Unconsciously, she slowly reached up towards the sky, wanting nothing more than to touch the clouds with the tips of her fingers. Ever so slowly, the young girl sat up into a sitting position, her eyes landing on her surroundings. Right in front of her very eyes was a luscious and golden grassland, spanning as far as the eye can see.

She inhaled a steady breath, pleased by the freshness in the air; the scent resembled a crisp new morning after a gentle rain shower, combined with the aroma of blooming flowers. All around her, delicate cherry blossom flowers twirled and soared through the air; they were caught in a gentle breeze that also flew through her dark brown hair, pulling it free of the loose braid it was in. The young girl held her hand out, where a single cherry blossom petal landed in the palm of her hand. She admired the delicate shape of the petal and was caught in the softness of the pastel pink pigment. The breeze swiftly picked up and the petal took off into the sky, continuing on its aimless journey.

The girl stood up onto her bare feet and felt her long white sundress ruffle in the wind along with her long hair. She was surrounded by a vast grassland, if she were to wander, that would be the only thing she would see. A heavy breath was exhaled deep from her lungs, and pure relaxation coursed through her veins as she frolicked through the golden fields.

The young girl felt as free as a bird, though she could not take off into the sky and fly between and through the clouds. As she walked with a steady and balanced pace, she kept her innocent eyes on the beautiful blue sky, her eyes were focussed on the leaves flying above her head. The young girl didn’t girl didn’t want to be limited by her earthly limitations, she just wished to be free of her burdens.

As she reached the bottom of a hill, she stopped in the middle of her step. She could have sworn she heard someone calling out to her from the other side of the field, but it sounded blurred. The voice sounded familiar, but she couldn’t quite put her finger on it. The young girl shook her head and continued her way up the hill. This time, the voice cried out louder, begging for her to stop and she did- she wasn’t sure what it is, but she couldn’t bring herself to take another step.

While the young girl stood in her spot, she felt the ghost of touch around her waist. The touch was comforting and warm, and she couldn’t help but sink right into it. Her eyes fluttered shut and welcoming darkness took over her mind.

~~~

Dressed neatly in a wrinkle-free high school uniform, the young girl lazily made her way down the stairs in a sleepy fashion, her heavy footsteps echoing through the entire house. The thick material of her red and black plaid skirt followed the motion of her staggered and exaggerated steps, the folds and creases eventually relaxing as she reached the bottom of the steps. The girl let out a wide yawn while stretching her tired limbs, making her way into the kitchen for breakfast. She was the last one to wake up- the members of her family already seated at the table. She joined her parents and brother, taking the empty seat beside her older sibling.

The girl’s faded dream of the previous night left her mind as the sweet, the savoury smell of the food in front of her made the girl’s stomach growl with hunger, making her forget the awe-striking fantasy, which sunk to the deepest crevices of her mind.

“It’s about time you woke up kid,” her brother teased with a light chuckle.
The boy’s little sister shot him an unamused glare, not paying him any mind as he reached for his glass of water. The girl shrugged his comment off of her shoulder and began to cover her plate with a small amount of food. For her, it was far too early to deal with his teasing attitude. Once their morning greetings were out of the way, the meal then continued on without any further hitches or comments from her sibling.
“So kids, are you excited for your first day of school?” their mother chirped before taking a sip of her coffee.
“Nope,” the siblings answered at the same time.
Their parents chuckled with pure amusement, as they too remembered their high school days. The two’s sympathy lied with their children, the two were beginning their final year of high school before the two graduate and head to post-secondary.

Once it was time to leave for their first day the girl and her brother hopped into the car waiting for them in the driveway, buckling in with the seatbelts. The driver then backed onto the street, keeping his foot steady on the gas pedal as he shifted into drive. The school was quite a ways away from their home, it was at least a fifteen-minute drive with ideal road conditions. The teenage girl’s heavy morning caught up with her- she let her eyes flutter closed, her mind slowly slipping back into darkness. Everything was going well until her brother started poking her in the arm.

“What oppa…?” she grumbled with annoyance, adjusting the blazer covering her like a blanket.
He was taken aback by her grumpy attitude and retracted his hand. A soft sigh passed his lips and he gently caressed her head.
“What’s wrong sis? You’re never usually this tired.”
Without much effort, she shook her head, not in the current mood to talk about anything. Her eyes closed once again and she rested her head on his shoulder the moment he offered it to her.

Fifteen minutes later the driver pulled up to the curb of their high school. The girl pulled her blazer back onto her body and got out of the car with her brother’s help. With a thankful goodbye to their driver, the two walked into the student filled courtyards. Her peers were dressed in an identical fashion to her and her brother- black blazers, white dress shirts, black pants for the boys and skirts for the girls, in addition to crimson red ribbons. A large majority of the other students were crowded around a huge bulletin board, eager to find their homeroom teacher for the year. Before the two got the chance to fight through the crowd in front of the board, they were both ambushed by familiar faces.

“Jagiyah~” a deep voice called out.
A larger mass crashed into her smaller form and she was lifted up and spun around in the air.
“Taehyung! My skirt!” she screeched, trying to pin the flowing material down.
She was set down onto the ground, her front still pressed up against a firm chest. Her boyfriend nuzzled his cheek against her’s, happy chuckles flowing from his box smile.
“Hehe, sorry Sae-Youngie~”

Sae-Young’s brother and her friends watched the young couple flirt with each other after not seeing each other for two months. During the break, the boy went to Geochang with his family to visit his relatives. While they still kept in touch with text messages and phone calls, they missed the skinship that sent sparks rushing underneath their skin.

“Aigoo~ they’re so cute,” Sae-Young’s friend, Sweet teased. “Why can’t you be like that Jungkook?”
Her boyfriend’s cheeks began to burn with a bright pink hue, earning soft chuckles from the older girl.
“I’m just teasing you Kookie~” Sweet hummed, standing up on her tippy toes to peck his cheek.

Taehyung happily carried his girlfriend on his back as they headed to their homeroom together. With much luck, the two are in the same room for the majority of the day; which meant they could always be in each other’s presence. They shared their homeroom with Sweet, Jungkook, and two more of their friends, Yoongi and Erika; everyone else was split up among nineteen homerooms. Sae-Young sat comfortably in a desk while Taehyung took the one beside her.

Once the bell rang, the teacher began to do the yearly introductions that every instructor is required to do. Despite a new teacher, many of the students were getting restless, as they heard the same thing three years in a row. Sae-Young sat boredly in her desk, letting Taehyung play with her fingers out of boredom as well. However, as the teacher was about to hand their schedules out, the door to the classroom slid open, causing the noisy atmosphere of the classroom fell silent and they all looked towards the body standing in the doorway.

“What’s your name?” the teacher asked the female student, looking at his class list.

Hwang HyeJung.”