Chapter 39

Chapter 39
🌹🌹🌹

Yoongi's POV
Mr. Sakurai’s strong, raven black eyes were solely focussed on me, his hardened and stiff gaze staring into the very depths of my soul. Currently, the man was indifferent and apathetic to his three son’s demeanours, who were also attending the meeting. Their tensed postures gave away that they were uncomfortable with the suffocating air. I was aware that he wasn’t too fond of me; I could only assume it was because his daughter- whom he had a soft spot for- took me into their home. That night, I was soaked in rainwater and blood, I probably looked like a street rat that was not worthy of hospitality from a wealthy family. Mr. Sakurai’s pride lied in his family name, its values and coat of arms were most likely flowing through his veins. If people were to learn that he took in an outsider from a foreign country, how would that affect his image? From the look on his face, he wouldn’t hesitate to sink a kodachi into my neck, if it means preserving the reputation of the Sakurai Mafia.

My sympathy lied with Kaito, the youngest brother among the Sakurai family. He was the very definition of “faint of heart,” he hated violence, as it was the thing that took their mother away.

In a way, he reminds me of my younger self; when I was younger I hated brutality, I was constantly surrounded by it. My mom was the subject of my father’s drunken beatings, she took his abuse just to protect me. I love her just as much as I love Erika, my mom brought me up to the best of her abilities and I’m honestly thankful for it. One day, I took matters into my own hands and I did something I didn’t think I was capable of- I beat his face in until he was unconscious. My bloody and bruised fists were shaking so much at that time, my mind was clouded in a blinded rage, all I saw was red. My mom finally called the police and that bastard of a father was swiftly arrested. I could have been sent to juvie as well, but since the cops saw my mother’s injuries, my actions were seen as self-defence.

Right now, my mom is still in Daegu, living with my aunt and her family. I haven’t seen her for a couple of years now, I should really see her sometime in the future. Anyways, I can completely sympathize with Kaito, he was just like my twelve-year-old self. His brother’s and I suggested that he keep his sister company as the meeting went on, but he objected. It was awfully kind of him to give me his support.

I took a deep breath into my lungs, pushing the Draco data folder towards Mr. Sakurai. For the first time in the last hour, his gaze lightened up in the slightest bit as it dropped down towards the manila tag folder. The older man swiftly picked it up and shuffled through the papers contained inside. I grew nervous as he had no interest in most of the papers until the very last sheet caught his attention. The man ripped the sheet of paper out of the folder and discarded it onto the floor.

Mr. Sakurai’s eyebrows furrowed together in unhindered rage and a flame began to burn behind his eyes.

Robyn is threatening my territory?” he snapped, slamming the sheet onto the floor.

In the corner of my eyes, I caught Kaito jump in his spot, only to be steadied by his brothers on either side of him. From the looks of things, even Monte and Kei were frightened of their father’s sudden outburst. My heart that was already beating in my throat beat faster, I could practically feel the adrenaline coursing through my veins. I was ready to get the hell out of there if need be.

Yes, Sakurai-Sama…” my voice quieter than I realized. “Robyn is threatening for an Asian wide takeover by the end of the year, what’s worse is that he isn’t alone.”

This only ignited the man’s current anger further, where he was now boiling with rage. For the first time, I was shaking in my spot from genuine fear. The only person who can get me like this is Erika when she threatens the safety of my Kumamon. I watched tensely as Mr. Sakurai pinched the bridge of his nose and let out a heated breath.

Continue,” he demanded.

Robyn has form alliances with numerous gangs in China as well as the western coast of Japan. We believe their only purpose is to use them as disposable pawns to invade Bangtan’s territory, as well as the Sakurai’s.”

The Sato’s?”

I gulped- “Yes, the Sato’s are on Robyn’s side.”

His heavy fist slammed down onto the floor, the loud thud echoing through the already tense air. I barely managed to swallow the huge lump forming in my throat as his gaze zoned in on me. I nearly jumped in my seat as he opened his mouth.

Fortune will be on your side just this once, Min Yoongi.”

I sighed under my breath and closed my eyes in relief. Without a speck of hesitation, I bowed down, pressing my hands and forehead against the floor.

Once the meeting came to an end, I swiftly returned to the room Erika and I are staying in. When the brothers and I left the meeting room, they gave me their condolences, apologizing for their father’s behaviour earlier. I quietly slid the bedroom door open and slipped inside before closing it.

“Yoongs…?” I heard Erika’s sleepy voice.

I turned around and saw her smaller form buried underneath her futon. Her beautiful eyes sparkled against the innocent glow of the lantern sitting on the floor. My lips curled into a sweet gummy smile and I took a seat beside her.

“Sorry baby, did I wake you?”
Erika shook her head and sat up; she rubbed her eyes and yawned. Ever so gently, I palmed her head and caressed her hair.
“How did it go?”
“Your father almost killed me, but he has agreed to form a temporary alliance,” I sighed with frustration, rubbing the back of my neck.

Erika’s once tired face lit up with joy and happiness and she leaned forward to give me a peck on the nose.
“That’s great news baby,” she hummed, ruffling my hair.
I nodded in agreement and slipped underneath the blankets alongside her. Almost immediately, she snuggled into my chest and went back to sleep.

My own exhaustion ate away at my consciousness and I was out like a light.

Hey guys, Ao here.

Sorry for my wacky updates as of recently, I've been under a lot of stress these past couple weeks. I haven't been able to write chapters as of recently since homework has been piling up. As well as that, I haven't had much motivation to write as of lately. I know I just came back like three weeks ago, but semester 2 is very heavy on me.

Because I'm this, I might change my update schedule, but I'll see what I can write out.  I'll update you guys on my profile later tonight, so keep your eyes peeled.

Thank you for your understanding.

~ with love, Ao.